Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 news on TBN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
So.Cal.914
Reachers at MIT are building a electric vehicle from a 914. If it wasn't such a

nice looking teener it would be good news. Just what you need in a 914... more

batterys.
John
Did anyone tell those guys at MIT that it has already been done with a 914? Are they simply copying the one here on this site?

Someone here has already done this and I have seen video of it at a drag strip.
(I can't remember their name, a little help please)

John
mskala
Everyone knows you can't electric a 914 smile.gif
John
Otmar is his name (on this site). His is the one I remember.

Wasn't this just discussed a few days ago?
jim_hoyland
Cal State Long Beach's engineering dept did one many years ago as senior project......
grantsfo
Wow what a novel idea!

http://www.electroauto.com/gallery/vp914.shtml

A ton of 914 electrics:

http://www.google.com/custom?site=austinev...A1%3B&hl=en
warrenporsche
wasn't there another electric porsche about 100 years ago built for the Lohner company or something like that? These MIT guys are about a century too late aren't they?
JPB
Hey, electric 914s are the car of the future man!! Imagine all them low batteries in the engind bay or even better, a fuel cell powered biotch. Once they force us to use them EVs, I'll have an electric CARBON FIBERED 914 PORSCHE EV mark my word! thumb3d.gif

Is there a Porsche DC electric motor made anywhere because Benz has one? Wahahahah!!!
grantsfo
I like this one with solar array:

IPB Image
HeloMech
holy crap... TWENTY BATTERIES??? what's THAT gotta weigh in at?
highways
Don't shoot down the electric projects too soon... the new technologies for electric stuff are amazing. Not the same animal it was years ago. Now you've got new brushless motors (92% efficiency) compared to old brushed motors (60% efficiency). And you've got Lithium batteries which can store 20x more energy then old lead acid batteries. And ofcourse digital controllers which are near 100% efficient instead of old reostat technology.

Wanna check out a fascinating movie? "Who Killed the Electric Car". Sorta sad when you see all the reasons why the electric car became a huge threat to the auto companies and oil industry so they sent it to it's grave.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.