Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: relocation: San Antonio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ted914/6
Took a break for a while but I'll ready to get back on the project in my new garage after the move. I am relocating with Toyota to San Antonio and would like to make some contacts with any of you guys in this area. Please email me and maybe we can get together.
Brad Roberts
Hi Ted!

welcome.png

Are you going to work for the new truck plant??

I know we have several members down there in the Houston/San Antonio area.

I miss going down the river between San Antonio and Austin.

B
jr91472
welcome!

beer.gif
Ted914/6
[quote name='Brad Roberts' date='Dec 4 2006, 11:04 PM' post='829778']
Hi Ted!

welcome.png

Are you going to work for the new truck plant??

I know we have several members down there in the Houston/San Antonio area.

I miss going down the river between San Antonio and Austin.

B

Yes I will be working in the paint shop as part of management. I am transfering after 18 1/2 years at the Kentucky plant.
thomasotten
Hi Ted,

I live in San Antonio and there are a small number of us around. I've been thinking we should have a 914 breakfast at least once in a while. Hope to hear from you.

914Sixer
Hi there,
I am in Boerne just north of San Antonio. A 30 minute drive from downtown. Thomas is right, we need a San Antonio breakfast. See you soon.

tat2dphreak
san antonio is a nice place, you'll like it!

Ted914/6
[quote name='tat2dphreak' date='Dec 5 2006, 09:53 AM' post='829951']
san antonio is a nice place, you'll like it!

So far so good. The people seem really nice. Nice looking rabbit!
Brad Roberts
Can one of you put together a San Antonio "breakfast"??

I'll push it like no tomorrow and get some coverage for you. I would like to see the South Texas group gain some exposure. We could even have DaveD nail it in the Pelican 914 area.

Even if you have just 3 cars show up.. hold one every two months or something??

Thomas?

B
jd66921
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 5 2006, 09:53 AM) *

I'll push it like no tomorrow and get some coverage for you. I would like to see the South Texas group gain some exposure. We could even have DaveD nail it in the Pelican 914 area.

Thomas?

B

Put me down for a breakfast! 2 1/2 hours is a piece of cake in a 914!

Jeff
thomasotten
QUOTE(jd66921 @ Dec 5 2006, 10:00 AM) *

Thomas?

B

Jeff

Sure, I can host it if you want. We can do breakfast tacos in my driveway and I can show off my new paint job, or we can meet at a restuarant. What's best?
jd66921
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Dec 5 2006, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(jd66921 @ Dec 5 2006, 10:00 AM) *

Thomas?

B

Jeff

Sure, I can host it if you want. We can do breakfast tacos in my driveway and I can show off my new paint job, or we can meet at a restuarant. What's best?

I'm up for anything! I can leave at 6:30 and be there at 9:14! I'm coming from
the Corpus Christi area. Just give me a place, a time, and three hours notice! Try
to pick a warmish day though? My heat is typical 914, nonexistent!

Jeff
Brad Roberts
Your house is fine as long as you dont mind "misfits" hanging out..LOL

Run it past the wifey...

Ted,

can you give them a date/time that you are coming down? Maybe the weekend after he arrives??

Do you have a dinner place or "breakfast" place that people like to visit?

I know of one place in an old white building just east of downtown that serves pancakes or something that is POPULAR. BIG parking lots all around it.

I used to meet people on the Riverwalk at "Dicks" last resort.

B
Ted914/6
All is good for me. I am in town now home shopping. Agreed on a price today on a house and the best part is that it has a detached garage. Let me know the time and place and I am there.
Dead Air
QUOTE(Ted914/6 @ Dec 5 2006, 03:09 PM) *

All is good for me. I am in town now home shopping. Agreed on a price today on a house and the best part is that it has a detached garage. Let me know the time and place and I am there.

My sister is a realtor down there and a long time SA ...Liver, what's the word I'm looking for, Occupant?
She loves the place and so do I.
thomasotten
What about some time after the Christmas holidays, in January?
Eddie Williams
IPB Image

p.s. I drive a Tundra.
Ted914/6
Thanks for the warm welcome. Anytime after the New Year sounds good to me. The movers should be here with everything the last week of December. My car should arrive some time that week too. Sorry I can't post pictures. I holed up in this hotel with a new laptop and the pics are on my home computer. Look forward to running with you guys. beerchug.gif
Allan
I spent some time in San Antonio back in '76 when I was in the Air Force. Really nice along the river walk area from what I remember.
thomasotten
Hey Jeff, I go down to Corpus about once a year, it's not too far from San Antonio (although I wouldn't want to risk the journey in a 914, unless it was in tip-top shape). I remember going down there a few years ago and at Port Aransas there was someone who lived close to the beach who had a couple of 914s. That wasn't you was it?

Thomas
914Sixer
Ted came over Thursday and spent a couple of hours in the garage with me. Nice guy. A Saturday breakfast after the 1st of the year is good for me.
jd66921
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Dec 6 2006, 09:58 AM) *

Hey Jeff, I go down to Corpus about once a year, it's not too far from San Antonio (although I wouldn't want to risk the journey in a 914, unless it was in tip-top shape). I remember going down there a few years ago and at Port Aransas there was someone who lived close to the beach who had a couple of 914s. That wasn't you was it?

Thomas

No, wasn't me. I've only lived here for 4 years. I just bought my new car in May.
I had a '72 back in '72 though.

By the way, what's with this tip top shape stuff? I've driven from LA, and round
trips to/from Moab, Ut, and Fort Smith , AR this year! 7000 miles, I reckon.
I've been trying to find some 914's around here, but no luck yet. Lot of people
around who remember them fondly though!

Let me know if you are coming down again. It get kinda lonely here by myself!
I'm actually in Rockport, but the "big city" is the best reference point.

Jeff
thomasotten
QUOTE(jd66921 @ Dec 8 2006, 06:08 PM) *

[
By the way, what's with this tip top shape stuff? I've driven from LA, and round
trips to/from Moab, Ut, and Fort Smith , AR this year! 7000 miles, I reckon.
I've been trying to find some 914's around here, but no luck yet. Lot of people
around who remember them fondly though!

Lets just say I've had some "bad experiences" commuting.

Thomas
Eddie Williams
I'll be headed to CC for work this week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.