Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot: trip to germany
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
willrc
KMA.gif going on the 12th to visit the inlaws for christmas. will also be junkyard hopping. Too see what I can find. the are from Karlsruhe.

hope to also visit porsche museum.

rich
Bleyseng
Go visit Mittlemotor as its interesting. I never did find any junkyards in Germany or the Netherlands dry.gif

Looks like I am leaving for Europe on the 12th of Dec too. I will be heading to Amsterdam to visit but we are trying to get re routed to Vienna so we can check out the Christmas time in Austria. mueba.gif
bd1308
ohmy.gif Mittelmotor!?!?!

Got extra room?
SirAndy
QUOTE(willrc @ Dec 4 2006, 06:30 PM) *

will also be junkyard hopping

as long as you don't expect any 914 parts to just sit around in a junkyard.
and if you do happen to see any, you took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in CA instead! biggrin.gif

i have a few friends in karlsruhe ...
smilie_flagge6.gif Andy
Bleyseng
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Dec 4 2006, 06:57 PM) *

ohmy.gif Mittelmotor!?!?!

Got extra room?

I went there a couple of years ago. Rich at HPH has more stuff than they do as they are mostly a repair shop. I can repost pics of my visit.

I guess we didnt get the flight to Vienna so off to london we go.
bd1308
their mufflers are very cool
crash914
I am going back over on the 10th also...
only I am going to Kobenhavn and other places..like Vojens

and possibly kassel...

Hmmmm...Europe 914 christmas party?
grantsfo
I'll be headed to Germany more frequently next year as my sister recently moved there. Please let me know about "not to miss" Porsche places if you see any.
Gustl
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Dec 5 2006, 07:50 AM) *

... but not available for a long time ...

Gustl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 5 2006, 07:37 AM) *

I guess we didnt get the flight to Vienna so off to london we go.

Innsbruck would have been a possibility ... that's my area rolleyes.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
T H O M A S
freisinger porsche is in karlsruhe ,big time raceshop and restoration
Gustl
and he claims to have a 916 - but it's not a real one slap.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
dheinz
I served in the U.S.Army in Karlsruhe at Smiley Barracks from Dec 72 to July 74 as an MP. It is a beautiful area with lots of sights to see. The wife and I vow to return there someday.
Good luck finding a junkyard with any Porsches in it. smile.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Gustl @ Dec 5 2006, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(bd1308 @ Dec 5 2006, 07:50 AM) *

... but not available for a long time ...

and reallly heavy as I held one in my hand/ dry.gif
willrc
when i was there in the late 80's I went with a friend to a very small junkyard and I remember see alot of vw"s and a few 914"s. And believe it or not I remember where it is. we picked up some parts for his vw.

Even if I dont find any I will have fun trying.
shelby/914
I was living in Stuttgart 89-91 and there are definately junkyards, just seemed to be neater and better organized than most here. Had to buy a tranny for my beater BMW I was driving to work and they just pulled one off a rack that had already been removed from the car. flag.gif
willrc
I was in karlsruhe from 85-91. was a mechanic. spent alot of time working on cars just to get back and forth to work. Had an old bmw that leaked two quarts of oil a day. Thankfully i worked in the motorpool.

opps did I say that? rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.