Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
looking for a winter project. would like to build a center console. has anyone done this? is there a template available to get the correct sizes and angles? would like it to be as close to original as possible. merry christmas and happy holidays.
p.s. we could use a holiday smilie.
toon1
I am making one right now. It's almost complete. It will not resemble the stock console. It is rounded off, has cup holders and is made of fiberglass.

Stay tuned , I will be putting up pics. when it is done.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(nycchef @ Dec 5 2006, 06:33 AM) *

looking for a winter project. would like to build a center console. has anyone done this? is there a template available to get the correct sizes and angles? would like it to be as close to original as possible. merry christmas and happy holidays.
p.s. we could use a holiday smilie.

Someone had posted a link with the original specs, but it was in German. I am sure someone will chime in that saved the link
maf914
Actually, the replica console article was from a French 914 club site.

http://914france.ifrance.com/

The article was under the "Technique" catagory listed on the home page, but it no longer seems to be active. I remember the article and it was quite well detailed. There are more pieces, angles and cuts to the enclosure than I would have thought. idea.gif

BTW, Have you checked out the console offerred by Morphenspectre on the resource forum?
nycchef
[
BTW, Have you checked out the console offerred by Morphenspectre on the resource forum?
[/quote]

couldn't find it in resources. do they have a website?
HarveyH
As others have said, "Search is your friend"...
Search results
Of course I've been guilty of not searching too..
Harvey
nycchef
QUOTE(HarveyH @ Dec 5 2006, 12:50 PM) *

As others have said, "Search is your friend"...
Search results
Of course I've been guilty of not searching too..
Harvey

thanks, got it rich.

maf914
[quote name='nycchef' date='Dec 5 2006, 12:40 PM' post='830110']
[
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is strange. Morphenspectra has been in the Resource forum for a long time, with a long list of good products, listed as I think 914 Performance and Appearance, but I just came from the Resource forum and it appears he is no longer there. Does anyone know what's up with James? It would be a real loss to lose this resource. idea.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(maf914 @ Dec 5 2006, 07:42 AM) *

Actually, the replica console article was from a French 914 club site.

http://914france.ifrance.com/

The article was under the "Technique" catagory listed on the home page, but it no longer seems to be active. I remember the article and it was quite well detailed. There are more pieces, angles and cuts to the enclosure than I would have thought. idea.gif

Thank you for the correction. French or German it is all Greek to me biggrin.gif
WaideS
[quote name='maf914' date='Dec 5 2006, 02:13 PM' post='830133']
[quote name='nycchef' date='Dec 5 2006, 12:40 PM' post='830110']
[
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is strange. Morphenspectra has been in the Resource forum for a long time, with a long list of good products, listed as I think 914 Performance and Appearance, but I just came from the Resource forum and it appears he is no longer there. Does anyone know what's up with James? It would be a real loss to lose this resource. idea.gif
[/quote]

I think he changed his name to (Morph) and dropped the rest
Still there
G e o r g e
Almost as Easy to reach him on eBay

Appearance and performance

Amity914 member name on ebay
Matt Meyer
Or try this thread. Another console thread I posted the text from the French site.

I still have a CAD file if you have a program that can read AutoCAD.
nycchef
QUOTE(Matt Meyer @ Dec 5 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Or try this thread. Another console thread I posted the text from the French site.

not sure if i have the proper program. not too computer savvy. if you can send me the autocad and i'll see if i can get it open. thanks rich
Chains
Matt, I'd be interested in that file too if ya don't mind....

hippie1620 at gmail dot com
rmital
QUOTE(Matt Meyer @ Dec 5 2006, 08:46 PM) *

you could email me the AutoCAD file to rmital@hntb.com and I could convert CAD file to PDF, TIF, JPG...so it could be read without the cad program.
Mar7ck
I would like to see pics of custom center console and where to get them

Mar7ck
GeorgeRud
I just talked to James and he's busy making parts for people so everyone can have their wintertime projects. The eBay site seems to work fine, but you can also email or call him and they're very good at getting back to you.

With his consoles available, why bother reinventing the wheel?
Matt Meyer
The CAD file is simply a template made from the "French Site's" instructions. If you use the template and follow the instructions in the "Another Console Thread" you will end up with a replica of the factory console.

The dimensions of the parts of the console are in the links to the "French Site's" so the drawing is not dimensioned. You need a plotter or to take it to Kinkos or the like to print it full size.
rmital
QUOTE(Matt Meyer @ Dec 6 2006, 02:21 PM) *

You need a plotter or to take it to Kinkos or the like to print it full size.

..got a plotter...could send you a full size no problem if anyone wants.
McMark
I can't remember which one, but one of the measurements on the French diagram is wrong.

I made one. It's sitting on the floor in the shop.
Elliot_Cannon
I made this one myself. It affords a little more room for your right foot.
Elliot
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 6 2006, 11:12 PM) *

I made this one myself. It affords a little more room for your right foot.
Elliot

Elliot was just trying to make it look more like a cockpit biggrin.gif
tyler
The latest version of Adobe will convert the Autocad file to a pdf. If you need it converted, send it to me and I'll convert it for you.
Tyler
rmital
check the pdf out...just some basic shapes. Of course having a 36" plotter helps if you really wanted to use the template.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.