Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current "6" values
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racer
I am sure others have asked this. I haven't had to in a while, but someone I know (my dad) is pondering the sale of his "6" and getting a more modern Porsche.

While I don't have pics (i know, this thread is useless wink.gif ) I will say

Truly an "original" 6

1) Original owner car
2) approx 60K miles
3) Original motor (2.0L 110hp)
4) no accident damage
5) no rust
6) All original equipment (Jack, toolkit, footrest, int. console, owners manual etc)
7) Light Ivory (off white) over tan
8) 5.5 x 14 Fuchs
9) Previous Parade (class) and PCA concours winner and while not currently Parade ready, certainly still in very good "original" appearance and condition.

Anyone know where I can track prices to get an idea of value? I'm thinking mid 20's but am not really sure.

Thanks in advance!
boxstr
I have sold 10 914-6s. Sale prices have been from $8500-27.5k. I would guesstimate that an original 914-6 after reading the description of your fathers car would be in the $25000 range.
PM me when you are serious about selling.
Craig C. Laughlin
freezing14
I would really love to see picture of a light ivory car with tan interior ,, i am restoring one with the same color scheme and those picture would answer a lot of question, especially the interior picture, seat, door panel, deposit box, It would end my 100's of question in the concousre section, about uphostery, carpet ,basketweave, flat ,loop etc , is it a 70 or 71
Racer
Thanks for the feedback..

Sorry about some oversights:

Its a 1970. Can't remember the exact VIN, but ends in either 172 or 182 so it is an early one.

Original radio and speakers (still works). No holes/cuts for "newer" replacement pieces for instance.

Original dash is NOT cracked.

Original seats/seat back/seat belts. No known tears or rips.

Freezing - what is a Deposit box? The tray between the seats or something else? I am not familiar with that term.

Its been a few months since I've driven it (back in July), but I believe the seats are basketweave and the door panels are "smooth". Orignal doorpockets still there too wink.gif

Pics will be available as decisions are made. It's a bit emotional to get rid of a car he's had since new - over 36 years! On the otherhand, the benefits of having a car he can use everyday without worry during retirement are awfully appealing too.

freezing14
hi there the deposit box is the box unbder the dash,, as for the rest,, i would really aprecite a couple of picture of the interior tu use as a guide to restore mine,, if you do not to do a public shaing you can e-mail me,, i like the picutre because I can look for texture and exact color match
Racer
Anyone else???

And, i still have no idea about what this "deposit box" is...
Racer,
Sounds really nice and orginal,Detail the six to the max,Not many orginal sixs left,Price it in the high 20's.These cars are like having money in the bank, There rare and just starting to climb up in price.Maybe you should buy it from your dad. In a few years you will glad you did !! Ive got mine and its a keeper....
Good Luck, 914
Racer
QUOTE(914 @ Dec 6 2006, 02:43 PM) *

Racer,
Sounds really nice and orginal,Detail the six to the max,Not many orginal sixs left,Price it in the high 20's.These cars are like having money in the bank, There rare and just starting to climb up in price.Maybe you should buy it from your dad. In a few years you will glad you did !! Ive got mine and its a keeper....
Good Luck, 914

Its already killing me. Heck. I just had this debate when looking for my 911 replacement. I love 914s, yet I also like 1) Air conditioning and 2) Heat that doesn't smell like exhaust wink.gif and 3) a car "modern" enough for my wife to enjoy.. If I didn't already by the replacement for my 911 (a 2000 Boxster) I would be even more tempted. The ironic part is that my Boxster purchase is what is spurring him to get a newer Porsche! Maybe I should just swap him wink.gif
xitspd
We sold this one owner car for $24,000.00 last year.

Dan
I was bidding on this car about a year ago,It went for $28,100.00. The story is with this car is that the owner died and his widow sold it to there machanic he flipped it on ebay for a real tidy profit,How do I know this, I bought my six from a friend of the guy that passed away. He told me all about the six I was bidding on,Glad I didnt get that one....
freezing14
if you could please post picture,, there very very few good exemple of original -6 with Tan interior ,, PLEAAASSSEE
Porsche Rescue
Freezing,

I once owned the 70 914-6 shown below. Sorry I don't have any pics of the interior. It was shot, but original. It had tan basket weave seat cushions and seat back inserts, surrounded by smooth grained vinyl. The backpad was also tan smooth grained vinyl as were the door panels. The drivers door pocket and the grab bar on the passenger door were black as was the dash. The carpet was tan Perlon (felt-like), not loop or pile. I don't recall if there was a center deposit, but if so it would have been tan, matcing the carpet. Hope this will help until you get some pics.

Craig at Camp 914 may be able to tell you who owns the car now and you can contact for some pics. The car is a project, not restored.
sixnotfour
Jim I have it, 3.2 , 951-16's,turbo brakes, will get black interior.
Tan interior is heat baked , and gone.
dgw
In July I paid 25K for one that looks like the pictures posted by xitspd.

It included the original engine and trani, but had a 3 liter and 915 installed.

Its the one I posted about last week, that I thought I might have totaled. I expect to know more tomorrow.
richardmosselman
QUOTE(xitspd @ Dec 6 2006, 06:28 PM) *

Dan

I think that this is the same one that is going to be at Barrett-Jackson's coming up? See the other thread about B-J.
Cheers! Richard
Porsche Rescue
Hey Jeff, you don't waste any time. Are you saying it is a driving car now? I tow dollied it from Silicone Valley, sat on it for a year, sold it to Craig, he traded it to Steve, Steve traded it back for another six body and now you have it. About time it went to somone who would get it on the road.
But how could you part with those 14" Fuchs and those fat OE size 185's!!!
QUOTE(richardmosselman @ Dec 7 2006, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(xitspd @ Dec 6 2006, 06:28 PM) *

Dan

I think that this is the same one that is going to be at Barrett-Jackson's coming up? See the other thread about B-J.
Cheers! Richard

Richard,
The six pictured was out of Orange Ca. Barrett/Jackson six is out of San Diego Ca.
Racer
I spoke to my dad over the weekend.

Indeed it is #172, produced in November '69

Interior has basket weave seats in tan, and smooth "grained" vinyl on the seatback pad and door panels. Tops of door pull/door pocket are BLACK. (which matches the dash). Felt like carpets. He does have the tray between the seats. Forgot to ask what color it is. The only options were the radio/speakers and the 5.5x14 fuchs.

It is very safe to assume that there were a number of running changes between this cars build date and later 1970 versions.

He does still have the "travel" or "tourist" kit. He can't remember if this was a dealer piece or factory piece, but it included a spare clutch cable and belts, and possibly a spare throttle cable. Use for the "traveler" who may brake down. It was best to have some spare parts and have a gas station/dealer install them then wait a week (or more) for parts to arrive.
Porsche Rescue
Sounds to me like your father has a very valuable car, $25-30,000 maybe.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Racer @ Dec 5 2006, 01:28 PM) *

Freezing - what is a Deposit box? The tray between the seats or something else? I am not familiar with that term.

Depending on the speaker, the center deposit box is either the early-style center console that does not have gauges, or it is the hinged box in between the seats on the cars that did have a center console (or was that only the 73+ cars with center consoles??) or the plastic tray that goes in between the seats.

I believe that the factory used the word for the first item above--the center console without gauges.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.