Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lugs for fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattp
I am about to buy 4 4lug Fuchs buit I need center caps and lug bolts, where can I get them?
kart54
Performance Products in the L.A. Area. Phone 800 423-3173 or online at automotion.com.
Randy
Dave_Darling
All of the on-line retailers carry lug bolts, and most can get center caps. I prefer Pelican, myself, but I may be a little bit biased. wink.gif

Someone around here has contacts that can get you aftermarket lug bolts that fit correctly for significantly less than the factory-correct ones. I don't remember who, though...

--DD
chilli
Do not buy aftermarket center caps, they do not work.

Mike driving.gif driving.gif
Joe Bob
and don't buy ANYTHING from a guy called "The Andante"...sells on eBay and such...his stuff doesn't fit AND he's a raging asshole.....
evan
I bought mine on EBay and bought from the guy called "theandante" for about $40 for a set of sixteen. BE SURE THAT YOU GET BALLED SEAT no matter who you buy from. not cone shaped seat. I am told the cones will crack the rims. the andante guy took a little time but i got them and they look real nice as for center caps buy the real thing if you can.
evan
Allan
I bought some lug nuts from Boothe Design. A little pricey but very high quality.

He also has center caps but I'd rather kick myself in the balls than pay almost $400.00 for them. w00t.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(evan @ Dec 7 2006, 02:06 PM) *

I bought mine on EBay and bought from the guy called "theandante" for about $40 for a set of sixteen. BE SURE THAT YOU GET BALLED SEAT no matter who you buy from. not cone shaped seat. I am told the cones will crack the rims. the andante guy took a little time but i got them and they look real nice as for center caps buy the real thing if you can.
evan

If that guy had the right stuff to sell, he'd still be on this list. He was passing off the wrong items here. He was asked to leave. He either got smarter...which I highly doubt or you got lucky.

Good for you.
419EHCSROP
Long time listener, off and on, first time caller! I get on 356 boards mainly. Just recently got a 914 though. I was searching for threads about Boothe Design but what Evan said. I also got 914 lugs from the same guy on eBay and they were fine. That makes me want to go back and clarify my question I've asked elsewhere about Boothe Design, namely who has actually had experience with them? That is a big distinction. Rumors vs actual experience. Alot of rumors on these boards about alot of different people sometimes, eh? One question that no one has ever answered about Boothe Design though is why are they so expensive!
Cap'n Krusty
Ralph and Gerry Boothe are long time friends of the Cap'n. Like, since the 60's You don't remember the 60's, right? First rate people, first rate merchandise. Always. Pricey, but very good. They used to be frequent PCA concours winners, including Parades, and know what stuff's supposed to be like. I recommend them highly. The Cap'n
GWN7
actually if you do a online search.... Boothe's 38mm lugs are the cheapest @ $13 per......next is Performance @ $20.95, then is the Bird @ $22.25
Dr. Roger
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...560006&rd=1
$35 for a set of 20 chromed.

or open ended for $17.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...559766&rd=1

or a complete set of polished aluminum for $52.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nice-Polish...9QQcmdZViewItem
GWN7
Roger,

those are all nuts.....lug bolts are needed.......unless you have studs smile.gif
Allan
QUOTE(419EHCSROP @ Oct 4 2007, 09:02 PM) *

That makes me want to go back and clarify my question I've asked elsewhere about Boothe Design, namely who has actually had experience with them?

I've bought lug nuts from him and had very good results.

Very nice stuff...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.