Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door latch release
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
street legal go-kart
pass door outside latch has been toast since i got the car and now the driver door has broken .
i know someone out there sells a fixit kit , anyone know who ?

jt
TheCabinetmaker
depends on where its broke. You can replace the plastic piece, but that is all. There are no fix it kits that I know of.
swood
Are you refering to the pot metal handle? If so, you either have to find a used unbroken one or I think Tweeks sells new ones for around 50 bucks. It's Tweeks or Performance PRoducts, I know I saw it in a catalog.
TheCabinetmaker
New ones at Tweeks are closer to $200.00
r_towle
I may have a few used ones that work, no keys though, you will have to re-key them.

Rich
TheCabinetmaker
No need to rekey, just change the cylinder.

Rich, got an extra drivers side?
p914
Ask Boxster, He has a number of door latches i perused at a swap meet.
TheCabinetmaker
I read a thread here a few months ago on this subject that had a pic of someones hand machined piece to the repair the pot metal tab on the back of the handle(the one that the rear screw goes in). Can't find it again, but it looked pretty easy to do, and looks like it would be a permanent repair.
seanery
I think that was URY914 wasn't it?
TheCabinetmaker
Anyone remember?
swood
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Nov 14 2003, 08:03 AM)
New ones at Tweeks are closer to $200.00

Not the whole ass'y, just the flapper. That's the piece that always breaks, I need 4 of em.
TheCabinetmaker
Mine have always broke at the rear tab.
street legal go-kart
vsg914 you are on the same track that i am.
saw the post about 2 months ago and just cant remember who it was.
help some body

jt
JWest
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 14 2003, 08:25 AM)
I think that was URY914 wasn't it?

I think it was Paul, also. He showed a pic of a repair piece.
Jeffs9146
Door Handle Repair

Here is what I could find!

Jeff
Jeroen
Ask Paul (URY914)

cheers,

Jeroen
TheCabinetmaker
I saw it on a different thread, but that's the same pic. I don't remember the pic of the HPH product. Bothe look to be a cure.

Paul, you still making some of those? I got a small box full(30 years) of handles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.