Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Elliott!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Hey hey,
The girlfriend just bought me a bike. I noticed you're like the one local guy with a functional and light bike rack. Wanted to know if I could clone it? I would have called but don't have your phone number. And... If you could post a few pics of your rack as well...

I might be at skline's this friday. Any chance you may be able to swing by so I can take measurements?

PS: Can ya PM me your phone #?

Thanks clap56.gif
Brando
icon_bump.gif

Bueller? Bueller?
SLITS
Oh jeeeeezzzzzzz....you're prolly gonna start drinking Frog water now. icon8.gif

Who in the hell is SKline ..... does anyone here know him? confused24.gif
lotus_65
Brando,

Here's what you need:
qty~4 "raingutter" style yakima towers.
or 2 raingutters & 2 "highrise raingutters".

qty~2 58" cross bars.

qty~ however many mounts you want. I have steelheads, but if you go with one that doesn't require removing the front wheel, you might want the 2 highrise towers in the back or else the bike looks like it's riding up a severe slope. More importantly, you'll have to remove the bike if you want to access the trunk if you don't get the steelheads.

Mounting is directly on the back trunk lid, and is a pain. I scratched my paint a little dry.gif . It'll be heavy for the springs or shocks and you'll need a prop to help the springs keep the trunklid up, but I'm really happy with mine. (So why don't I have a pic?! I have one on the other computer, maybe I'll find it tomorrow.)

paul

Oh, and get locks for the mounts. I think it's a waste to buy locks for the towers also, but you DEFINITLY need locks for the bikes. pfb
lotus_65
btw, I've got a kidney for sale too. It's pretty well used, though!
Brando
Thanks for the replies guys biggrin.gif

I'll be making my own or buying pre-fabbed parts for a bike-rack soon. I'd like to do it with minimal cutting and drilling into parts of the body, and also utilize the stock rack mounts on the underside of the targa bar. I'll figure something out for two bikes; and I agree with locks for the front. I'd keep some wrenches in the car and take the front wheels off the bikes and re-attach when we arrive to the destination. I want to be able to put the bike rack on the car and still take the top off. I'll see where this goes!
Elliot_Cannon
The rack I made has NO drilling or cutting involved. Uses stock ski rack mounting holes. Brandon, did you get the pics I sent? You can mount two bikes on it easy.
Cheers, Elliot
Brando
Yes sir I did get the pictures. It will be interesting to try to fabricate that up by my lonesome. Seeing as rainy season is here, I've got a few months to design and implement something. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
elliots rack is very nice... more than a handful clayton tells me....
Elliot_Cannon
Clayton??!! Shaw!! As if!!!!
Aaron Cox
chairfall.gif !!!
Elliot_Cannon
El bike rack de Pantera Negra.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.