Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Sales Receipt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I was going through some old documentation and found this original sales receipt. Kinda neat. The VIN isn't in our registry, but if someone can prove they own this car, I'll happily send it along as well as the original service booklet. wink.gif
lybones
I was lucky enough to purchase my teener from an original owner who was meticulous about saving all receipts and docs of the car. I have a folder with original owners manual, window sticker, and every possible service receipt since the car was purchased. It's really neat to have a full history of 30+ year old car. beerchug.gif
McMark
Have you posted scans of your documents? They're always fun to see, IMHO.
Hammy
Pretty cool agree.gif
URY914
I love it, payment was $125 for 36 months.

We'll never see that again for an new car.... sad.gif
dagdal1967
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 6 2006, 06:30 AM) *

Maybe for a Kia Rio! laugh.gif
rmital
I like how simple the receipt is too....
just purchase a new Toyota; pages and pages of info...
BMartin914
And they traded in a 71 VW 111 in on the teener. Was that a Beetle?
Joe Bob
Bet it was a typo...could be a 411....
Jax914
while it could be a typo and a 411....

a 111 would a beam style Beetle, as opposed to a 113 SuperBeetle with Mac Struts.
mrhurtalot
i have my original sales recept. is it special?
Porsche Rescue
Here is the window sticker and sales receipt for my '76.
Inflation was rampant in the '70's. I bought a new '70 with appearance group, radio and chrome wheels for $4300. By '76 the price was $8500, including add-ons. The newer car certainly had some improvements but at nearly double the price in six years!
Eric_Shea
Which brings me to one of my shower thoughts...

Wouldn't it be cool to have a program that duplicated the original window sticker? I guess the hard part would be the "Courier'ish" thermo font.

I just think it would be cool to be able to recreate a window sticker for your car.

Anybody have one that can scan and get accurate dimensions off? Jim?
BMartin914
QUOTE(Jax914 @ Dec 6 2006, 08:38 AM) *

a 111 would a beam style Beetle, as opposed to a 113 SuperBeetle with Mac Struts.

A-ha! You will find the Type 113/7 at the top of the list of models. Type 111 further down.

I think you're right.
HeloMech
I have my original window sticker and receipt also. Funny, the original owner on mine ALSO used a bug as their trade in.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 6 2006, 08:34 AM) *

Wouldn't it be cool to have a program that duplicated the original window sticker? I guess the hard part would be the "Courier'ish" thermo font.

I just think it would be cool to be able to recreate a window sticker for your car.

Interesting idea. Actually, that's probably not a 'thermo' font. More likely it's a carbon paper image and the font would be one found on the 'type balls' of electric, IBM-style typewriters. Interesting to note the difference in fonts between the '73 receipt and the '76 window sticker. The window sticker would have been produced on a continuous feed printer with the line hole punches on the sides that tear off after printing.
Eric_Shea
I guess the hard part would be the "Courier'ish" carbon paper/type ball font.

biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
My window sticker is available on loan but I have no scan capability. The left margin on mine appears to be a long ago worn out adhesive strip. There may have been one on the right at one time unless it was stuck to the window on one side only.
anthony
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 6 2006, 06:30 AM) *

$125/mo. was a lot of coin in the '70s.

My dad's house payment back then was like $200/mo.

Porsche Rescue
$125 in 1973 would be $552 in 2005 according to the handy dandy inflation calculater here http://www.westegg.com/inflation/
bd1308
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 6 2006, 11:58 AM) *

More likely it's a carbon paper image and the font would be one found on the 'type balls' of electric, IBM-style typewriters.

IBM Selectric typewriter. Those things are like gold, i want one of those.
URY914
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Dec 6 2006, 08:57 AM) *

I have my original window sticker and receipt also. Funny, the original owner on mine ALSO used a bug as their trade in.

I traded my Bug to the owner of my car. I see a poll here...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 6 2006, 08:34 AM) *

Some scan software will recreate a form from a copy. Then you just insert your name, vin #, price, and your trade in.
ein 6er
this is the one that came with mine ....

Click to view attachment
URY914
Damn, that's cool Doug!
McMark
Thanks for posting your's guys! Lets see some more.
JeffBowlsby
There is a John Rogers in Plano Texas that repros the window stickers...pretty convincingly too...
Rusty
Actually, there is a guy who makes repro window stickers. Can't find his contact info right this minute, though.
cholland_
QUOTE(Jax914 @ Dec 6 2006, 10:38 AM) *

A 111 is the original "non-Super" Beetle, a 113 would be the SuperBeetle and a 117 would be the Superbeetle convertible.
Eric_Shea
Thanks Jeff, Lawrence...

Is it our John Rogers 914 racer on the site?
JeffBowlsby
Contact John Rogers...super great work.

john_rogers@stercomm.com
grantsfo
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 6 2006, 12:32 PM) *

Thanks for posting your's guys! Lets see some more.

I'll have a scanner party tonight. I have some fairly cool stuff that came with my 38,000 mile car.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Dec 6 2006, 01:57 PM) *

I traded a '65 Beetle for my '72 914. Must be something in the water!

Lived in Kentucky at the time & the state "stole" the window sticker to determine sales tax. Didn't matter what you paid for a car, KY (slick isn't it?) charged you sales tax based on MSRP with all options.

Do have my original sales slip though. I'll scan & post it.
grantsfo
Window sticker
grantsfo
32 year old Touch up paint for Olympic Blue 914. biggrin.gif
richardmosselman
Don't want to mess this thread up, but didn't Neo-914 have a "new" window sticker on his car at SEMA? It wasn't the original style...but cool nonetheless.
Richard
Series9
This is all I have of the RS's history. I found it in the sun visor after I purchased the car in Orlando in March of '98.
McMark
QUOTE(richardmosselman @ Dec 6 2006, 07:56 PM) *

Don't want to mess this thread up, but didn't Neo-914 have a "new" window sticker on his car at SEMA? It wasn't the original style...but cool nonetheless.
Richard

IIRC, it was an Audi based window sticker.
KELTY360
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Dec 6 2006, 07:21 PM) *

Window sticker

Hey! That's the dealership I bought my new 1.7 from in July 1973. Manchester is a frontage road parallel to I-5. I remember driving past it on the freeway and being amazed at all the bright colored Porsches on the front row. I think I'm fascinated by shiney things.

Wish I still had the sticker.

Eric_Shea
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<john_rogers@stercomm.com>

sad.gif
Rusty
We have a "John Rogers" registered here. idea.gif
Martin Baker
///////////
Eric_Shea
A VINTAGE FACTORY FINGERNAIL FILE! ohmy.gif
Porsche Rescue
Not sure Eric. I think those came only with the early appearance group cars. Better put the question over to the concour forum.
GaroldShaffer
From this 1970 parts car. sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ejm
Receipt for my '76, also have the finance paper showing he borrowed $7500 and made $138 payments for six years.

neo914-6
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 6 2006, 09:05 PM) *

<!-- quoteo(post=831333:date=Dec 6 2006, 07:56 PM:name=richardmosselman) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richardmosselman @ Dec 6 2006, 07:56 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- quotec -->
Richard
<!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

IIRC, it was an Audi based window sticker.

Actually it was a Boxster dealer's sticker, I had the specs changed and Chris made some humorous additions to the text. I didn't make the crest prominent at SEMA because Marty said Porsche lawyers may be present...

Marty sent a scan of his original -6 sticker (modified?)
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
That's what I want... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.