Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a New Silver 914... Part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dsmeyer
'76 2.0, original owner, 32,000 miles, stored for the last 15 years.

The paint is shot, very little suface rust, can't wait to take it ALL apart.
Anyone want 16 gallons of 15 year old gas... laugh.gif
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif

Nice, and NO.

Most of the silver ones have furry rot.. it's the proper color though.

M
Porsche Rescue
How about a few more pics? Interior? Your car is proof that the silver paint went bad early. Great find.
dsmeyer
Another view... Bone stock, for now.
dsmeyer
The interior isn't great, cracked dash, needs a good cleaning.
The original owner changed out the Red Plaid seats.
Bleyseng
Looks nice, even comes with the mirror mounted on the floor!

Great interior, door panels aren't cut for crappie speakers.

Geoff
Doug73/2.0
Don,
Very Nice & congratulation on your find. I'm envious. All I've been able to find in New England is rusted out hulks. Getting a little discouraged as most the ones on e-bay are out in California and I really want to look it over first hand. Would it be possible to find out a ballpark figure on what you paid? I'm curious to compare to the one's I've been looking at here. If you want you could e-mail me direct at Browne@MediSense.com
Thanks..Doug :-)
redshift
Doug, don't be scared of a California car.

Cars over here are priced too high, in CA too low, you save 2x the money shipping it, that you would pay to repair the crap you see around.

M
Mueller
Nice car, I passed up one just like it a couple of years ago for $600 (blown 2.0)
It was the straightest and cleanest 914 I've seen, a friend bought it for a Boxster engine conversion and as far as I know it's still sitting in his garage untouched....

I've called him and offered him 2 to 3+ times what he paid for it and he won't budge
sad.gif
boxstr
Great find. Suprising what the stock, original 75-76 914 s are selling for.
CCLINCAMP914
ArtechnikA
there was an original 1-owner silver '70 factory /6 with one repaint offered for sale in today's RennList 911 digest. i don't have access to that posting here but i'll ccross-post it later today if there is interest ...
dsmeyer
QUOTE(DougWantsa914 @ Nov 14 2003, 01:24 PM)
Would it be possible to find out a ballpark figure on what you paid? I'm curious to compare to the one's I've been looking at here.

This is the one that was in the classifieds of this site.

After talking with the owner on the phone and seeing a couple of
pictures, I took a chance and bought the car without seeing it.
He was a Porsche guy with too many cars.

I paid his asking price... $2700
Porsche Rescue
More detail please on the silver six for sale on Rennlist. I can't find the listing.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(jim9146 @ Nov 14 2003, 10:25 AM)
More detail please on the silver six for sale on Rennlist. I can't find the listing.

here ya go:

EurosprtCA@aol.com
Subject: FS: 1973 S coupe & 1970 914/6
Body: Hello I have a 1973 911 S coupe and a 1970 914 / 6 that are both good cars. The S is in need on some TLC but is a great driver and looks great. Red / black, Plastic fuel tank and front oil cooler, factory a/c and was told a 2.7 rs pistons. 22,500.00

1970 914 / 6 silver with black. 1 repaint to original color
all the rest is original no rust never damaged and drives and handles GREAT. 14,900.00. Lincoln, Ca Thanks George

PLEASE CALL FOR MORE INFO AND PHOTOS. 916 645 9111

no interest, don't know the guy, haven't seen the car, etc.
you now know what i know.
si2t3m
spooky phone number.

Starts with 916 6 and ends with 911 1

Must be a P-car nut!!! aktion035.gif

Marc-André
vortrex
that's george in the bay area. he is really dying to sell that car bad. it looks pretty decent, but probably not as excellent as you might think.
boxstr
George sent me pics last year and it doesn't look any better this year.
Sorry
CCLIN9146HEAVEN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.