Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -4 Header options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
what are some headers and sources for a 1911 motor. I have heard of a eurorace or european racing header that several clubbers have. what silencer is appropriate for such a combo, does it need to be fabbed on a case by case basis?
Jake Raby
You might want to wait a few months before getting super serious on this purchase ;-)
Aaron Cox
european racing header by george narbel
Kerry hunter header
CFR/Tamgerine evo header....

those are your choices

someone else can chime in with details and pics... or you could do a quicky search
geniusanthony
okey dokey, I am guessing chris is deep in his labratory as we type...
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 6 2006, 11:25 AM) *

You might want to wait a few months before getting super serious on this purchase ;-)

I was super close to posting on the ATF with a request for a progress update on the RAT econo 914 header. So, can you leak a release date? Flow us some info? Scavenge up some pictures?

I generally have a very restictive flow out of my wallet, and close to buying a used header or waiting for the best value solution. beerchug.gif
ChrisFoley
I'm busy in the shop assembling 4th Dimension Radio Product of the Week Tangerine systems.

A RAT 914 header is probably a few months away yet. Jake doesn't release anything without extensive product testing.
MJHanna
Kerrys web
http://www.kerryhunterenterprise.com/914-4.htm
BenNC
FYI - I contacted Kerry Hunter about headers a couple of weeks ago. His response:

"I have not had any headers all year. The fella that makes them for me is so far behind on his regular business that he hasn't been able to get to mine (and the 914's and a lot of hand work to make = too much time from his $$$$ profit center)"

I took this to mean that his fabricator was too busy to put together any header systems, so the lowest cost option is out. Maybe if there was enough demand...

I ordered a European Racing system through Paragon. I think it was about $670 with a "turbo" silencer. I don't know exactly what the muffler is, but it was only about $50 extra.

That's not much more than the KH system with Supertrapp ($525).
Jake Raby
RacerChris and I are going to be working together on this more economical 4-1 header...We'll be doing a lot of work together in 2007 as we always have but most of it will be for more economical systems that still work well for their cost..
It won't be hard at all to beat whats out there now. Not even a challenge.
Mueller
QUOTE(BenNC @ Dec 6 2006, 01:59 PM) *

FYI - I contacted Kerry Hunter about headers a couple of weeks ago. His response:

"I have not had any headers all year. The fella that makes them for me is so far behind on his regular business that he hasn't been able to get to mine (and the 914's and a lot of hand work to make = too much time from his $$$$ profit center)"

I took this to mean that his fabricator was too busy to put together any header systems, so the lowest cost option is out. Maybe if there was enough demand...

I ordered a European Racing system through Paragon. I think it was about $670 with a "turbo" silencer. I don't know exactly what the muffler is, but it was only about $50 extra.

That's not much more than the KH system with Supertrapp ($525).

I just sold the same setup (European Racing)..the "turbo" muffler is basicly a V8 style muffler....picture a Flowmaster but cheaper in price and quality...
Dave_Darling
There's also Triad West; I believe they make a header that is very similar in price and performance to the European Racing one.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.