Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I move my 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ematulac
I started up my 914 to warm it up on Monday morning, and I noticed that it was puking oil all over the street. I shut the engine off as soon as I noticed what was happening. sad.gif

The problem is, it is currently parked in front of the house, and I need to move it up the driveway and into the garage to work on it. Is there any chance I can start it up long enough to move it into the garage?

I probably know the answer to this one, but I thought it was worth asking.
VaccaRabite
Push it. They are not that heavy.
I know, I had to push mine up my driveway....

It was not that bad.
URY914
Unless it has pucked 4 QUARTS which is hellofa big spot on the street, I'd drive it up.
jhadler
I'd say go with your insticnt, and don't start it.

Get a friend or two, and push it. They're not that heavy, so they're pretty easy to push around.

-Josh2
ematulac
It looked like 4 quarts.

My better judgment tells me to push it up the driveway. The driveway is inclined, so I can't push it up there myself (I've tried). Otherwise, I would have already done so and started working on it.

Thanks for the input.
jhadler
Probably a good call. Get a sixer of good ale, call over a friend or two, and push the car. It sounds like you popped an oil galley plug.

But keep in mind that 4 qts of oil on the ground can look the Exxon Valdez took a dump in your driveway. A little oil goes a long way to looking like a lot of oil...

-Josh2
URY914
If there is any question in your mind.....push it.

"Ah, push it - push it good

Ah, push it - push it real good

Ah, push it - push it good

Ah, push it - p-push it real good"

Salt and Pepper
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.