Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racing Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gary#
confused24.gif
Here's what the website says:
BOMZ Racing Seats were manufactured with the best material and design. We have the largest colors selection in the market and the price you see is the price for a pair of racing seats for Driver and Passenger. We want to keep the cost of fixing up ride reasonable and this is why our introductry price is so low. The BOMZ racing seat is built with memory foam, roll over tubular interior cage, lumbar support, side support, and adjustable recline mechanisms. All Bomz seats come standard with patented universal sliders that can be used to bolt these seats to virtually any stock brackets. Installation can be done with little or no modification. No other seat combination comes with such a dynamic installation kit “FREE”.
----
any/all experiences??? the gud/Badd???
thx,
Crazyhippy
doubt it, the back pad on a 914 is fit to a headrest much tighter than those seat have.

If you carpet the back wall instead of using the backpad, then maybe

BJH
john rogers
I'd call and ask about a 914 if it were me. Our little jems have a slightly different method of mounting the seats than the new cars have. You might ask about the outside width too since there is a e-brake handle on the left and a tunnel on the right of the driver's seat.
Aaron Cox
and you will sit waaayy high in the car....

only purpose made 914 seats or real race seats bolted to the floor work....
2-OH!
I bought a set of Corbeau seats to go in mine because it was cheaper to buy new than have old re-covered and they are more comfortable...I measured and measured and measured...But I don't think they are going to fit using the original slider seat mechanism...They will be too tall for me, in the car...My wife is fine but she is only 5'6''...I'm 6 feet tall...They fit in all other aspects, even with the E-brake handle...

Now, I have come up with a plan to "Bolt" them in and it will work, but I will loose the up and down & slide capability...

They look very close to your picture in style, shape, etc... Just look at the situation from that perspective...

2-OH!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.