Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much fuel line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
highways
I heard a rumor that if you can get fuel to the engine, a 914 might actually remove itself from jackstands magically.

So I got the Stainless Steel fuel lines for the tunnel from Racer Chris. Now I need to get everything else... So how much 7mm fuel line to complete the job? I'm thinking I need about 1m for the send and return from fuel tank to tunnel. And maybe 2m from the firewall to fuel rails and bits and pieces. Am I close?
TravisNeff
I think I used 3m for the engine compartment, and 18-24" for the fuel tank, you know you will need 9mm fuel hose from the delivery port on the gas tank.
Boojum

Depends if you're installing the fuel line, or hoisting the car off the jack stands with it.
highways
QUOTE(Boojum @ Dec 6 2006, 03:27 PM) *

Depends if you're installing the fuel line, or hoisting the car off the jack stands with it.

Actually I was going to tie one end to my bumper and the other end to my donkey.
dead horse.gif
highways
So is all the line going between injector rails 9mm? How much 7mm versus 9mm would you estimate.

Sorry for the lame questions but mine is all apart, and I can't find any fuel diagrams that answer what I'm asking.
TravisNeff
7MM does the whole inside of your engine compartment, injectors etc.

If your fuel pump is in the engine compartment you will need 9MM for the feed side of the fuel tank to the center tunnel pipes - then 9mm in the engine compartment to your fuel filter/fuel pump at that point it necks down to 7mm. The return line from the tunnel lines to your return port on the gas tank is 7mm.

I would get 2m of 9mm and 3m or 4m of 7MM. If you have extra it always comes in handy later - store your unused hoses in a big gallon zip lock bag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.