Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dashboard vinyl replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jflash914
Has anyone change their vinyl dashboard material for something else? I'm talking about the vinyl that the switches and heater controls go into. I replaced the vinyl once before but the 3M glue just doesn't hold very well on the edges during the hot summer months. I was thinking of a harder material. Has anyone done carbon fiber or someing like that?
Thanks,
Jack
nomore9one4
QUOTE(jflash914 @ Dec 7 2006, 09:50 AM) *

Has anyone change their vinyl dashboard material for something else? I'm talking about the vinyl that the switches and heater controls go into. I replaced the vinyl once before but the 3M glue just doesn't hold very well on the edges during the hot summer months. I was thinking of a harder material. Has anyone done carbon fiber or someing like that?
Thanks,
Jack

I believe by this point it has all been done. I used wood vineer on mine to match my steering wheel. Most important thing when you use 3M glue you have to put the glue on BOTH surfaces or it does not hold. Sorry NO photos at this time.
nomore9one4
I do have a photo.
Aaron Cox
i did mine in a GT style with felt....
IPB Image
toon1
there where some pics posted recently with a dash done in CF, looks real cool.
jflash914
Thanks for the ideas !!
nomore9one4
Just a side note....I fastened my wood vineer on with carpet tape. Worked like a charm. smile.gif
SGB
AA=
yours is Klee-ee-een,

Its wicked good. Nice and simple.

the floor however...
that water bottle is a nice touch. smile.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(faux916 @ Dec 7 2006, 04:28 PM) *

I do have a photo.

Very nice! Me like - tasteful. Umm, I'm a Purist - does this mean I've been outed?
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 7 2006, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Dec 7 2006, 04:28 PM) *

I do have a photo.

Very nice! Me like - tasteful. Umm, I'm a Purist - does this mean I've been outed?

Thank you for the comment. It is Very dirty in the photo. I had it in storage with the roof off. Will never do that again. It took my wife a few hours to clean it. I have an allergy to dust that sometimes comes in handy! biggrin.gif
Engman
I plan on redoing my dash this winter after the new year. Plans are to replace all of the basketweave with brushed ss with some sort of laser etched pattern on the ss.

I will post pics of the removal and install.

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 7 2006, 07:02 PM) *

AA=
yours is Klee-ee-een,

Its wicked good. Nice and simple.

the floor however...
that water bottle is a nice touch. smile.gif

LOL - the water bottle is my fast idle...... works great at warming up 6 qts of oel...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.