Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Home - Rob Ways Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
After being homeless for 3 months, Cheryl and I finally landed in Pleasanton. We got the 911 home a week ago, and we hope to get the 914 soon so I can work on it some before school starts up again.

We miss Campbell but hope to find some East Bay 914s soon.

All the best,
Rob

PS - Cheryl and I are expecting a boy this Spring.
VegasRacer
smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
Congrats!!!
toon1
I'm 20 miles to the east and Mulller is 20 to the north.

BTW-If you haven't yet, take the teener on Mines road. It's a blast!!

Congrats on your baby!!
Mueller
congrats on the baby boy !!!!

Demick moved to Pleasanton not too long ago, I still have not been by his new place....

The Diablo PCA meets for breakfast @ Denny's off of 680 near Alamo/Danville on Sat., I haven't been in a while, but we should try to hook up in the near future...
JeffBowlsby
Cool Rob....thanks for the update.

My family and I are planning to move up your way next summer too.
rjkavanagh
Hey Rob,
We moved from Campbell to Fremont about 11 years ago. Never regretted it. Congrats and welcome to the East Bay.
-Rob
Demick
Welcome Rob and Cheryl!

We moved to Pleasanton a year ago. It is quite an amazing place. Very social and friendly. The city really goes out of it's way to keep it's small town feeling. Trust me, you won't miss Campbell in the least. Congrats on the upcoming baby. PM or email me and we can connect up one of these days.

Demick
PatW
hijacked.gif Wife and I are closing on a place up here in around Sacramento next week. We moved last Sept, sold my 800sf dump and are getting a 1200sf "home"
with room for my toys with enough cash left over in the bank..

Not too bad up here. 20min/20mile commute to and from work. Lots of stuff to do up here. Shoulda got out of the Bay a long time ago.. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Nice to hear from you again, Rob.
Sounds like you have found a nice place to live.

Do you have a name picked out for your son? ( can we help? ) av-943.gif

I don't like moving. Been in the same place for 15-16 years.

KT
GTeener
Rob,

Congrats to you and Cheryl!

Did you choose Pleasanton for work reasons? I'm East Bay ignorant wink.gif But it must be nice if you and Demick chose it smile.gif

Now you're that much closer to Infineon raceway driving.gif
Randal
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Dec 7 2006, 11:55 PM) *

After being homeless for 3 months, Cheryl and I finally landed in Pleasanton. We got the 911 home a week ago, and we hope to get the 914 soon so I can work on it some before school starts up again.

We miss Campbell but hope to find some East Bay 914s soon.

All the best,
Rob

PS - Cheryl and I are expecting a boy this Spring.

Congratulations to both of you.

A new driver in the family hey, as if you need any more competition.

Randal

Jeffs9146
Welcome to the East-Bay! I have a house in Danville and Discovery Bay so I pass pleasanton almost daily! Hopefuly in my teen soon!!

Good luck and let me know if you need advice on restaurants etc.....

Jeff
SirAndy
just over the hill from me .... we should have a east bay breakfast one of these days ...

chowtime.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
Congrats, man! Glad to hear that things seem to be going well for you.

Hopefully you're not commuting to the South Bay every day for work, though.

--DD
neo914-6
clap56.gif congratulations Rob! smile.gif

EdwardBlume
Great to hear from everyone.

We hatched a plan to move to Pleasanton about a year ago, and it took that long to make it happen. It was tough to leave Bowlsby's old house but we were pushing capacity. We're definitely looking for the same 914 mojo here but we're not seeing too many 914s around. This house should be good for wrenching I suspect. We're just off Bernal / Valley / Paseo Santa Cruz.

My new work is 3.3 miles away at Stoneridge - I'm financing car dealers / dealerships now. I cover the central valley, fresno, sacramento.

Let's get together, I'll buy everyone a drink at the very least, and I'd love to hear what you all have been up to and into, and I sure could use good advice and help with my 914 (shameless plug).

All the best,
Rob
(408) 888-7757
Bleyseng
With all this talk of Pleasanton I had to go look on Google maps to see where it is.

ok, been thru there and nice area!

Good luck.
nebreitling
WTG Rob and Cheryl!!!

thanks for the update -- i was just thinking about you the other day when i was filling some tires with your old air tank. it still has the "R.W." letters on it....

you need to bring the tail dragger out to an AX sometime... beerchug.gif
anthony
I feel the 914 center the universe shifting to the East Bay. No more breakfasts in San Jose! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.