Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does these mirrors make me look fat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve Thacker
Hey guys the car goes back into the bodyman in the spring for a color change and some changes (I'm never happy I guess )

Anyway, below are some crappy pics and I need to ask for your opinions. I saw a car with mirrors like the ones below and he had them up on the pillar. Where should I mount them?

Steve Thacker
another

Steve Thacker
last one
Steve Thacker
ok so I lied about the last pic
Need this one so you can see the big picture
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE(Steve Thacker @ Dec 8 2006, 10:28 AM) *

ok so I lied about the last pic
Need this one so you can see the big picture

Your car with the current mirrors is the sex, man. chowtime.gif
Why do you want those atrocious rubber things? chair.gif

Cole
Steve Thacker
Good question Cole. I saw these things on ebay and I had to have them. I'm going to paint them to match the car "Viper Red". I'm at the point of entertaining these mirrors. Damn there are just too many options. Plus I have been rethinking having Chevy / Pontiac mirrors on my car. I'm soooo confused.... blink.gif
914-8
Good gawd, those are ugly. I mean really atrocious.

barf.gif
Steve Thacker
I was looking at the mirrors on a Ferrari F40. I know...What business do I have looking at the enemy's car designs? I dunno...seemed like a open minded thing at the moment. biggrin.gif
Jeroen
I like you current mirrors better too, but that's just MHO

if you mount them on the windshield frame, make sure you can still fully open your doors (the triangle glass may hit your mirror)
Borderline
Steve...could you post more photos of your car (or a link to them)? I want to see all of it. Looks gud! clap56.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE(Steve Thacker @ Dec 8 2006, 10:33 AM) *

Good question Cole. I saw these things on ebay and I had to have them. I'm going to paint them to match the car "Viper Red". I'm at the point of entertaining these mirrors. Damn there are just too many options. Plus I have been rethinking having Chevy / Pontiac mirrors on my car. I'm soooo confused.... blink.gif

Just wear these babies! biggrin.gif

If you must mount those things (two times atrocious now...) I vote for the windshield frame. But then will you have a big nasty spot where your old mirrors were?

Cole
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(Borderline @ Dec 8 2006, 10:49 AM) *

Steve...could you post more photos of your car (or a link to them)? I want to see all of it. Looks gud! clap56.gif

Just click on the lil link at the bottom of my personal quote for life.

I have to keep thinking on these ugly mirrors....one parts agrees with you guys on what the hell am I thinking and the other part says. I can't see out of the current mirrors for crap, but I want something functional and stylish.

Worst than a woman shopping for shoes huh? w00t.gif

Of course the 007 glasses would do the trick !
cooltimes
No offense. I like your 914. Show us more of it without that mirror.
The subject mirror: Sour apple for a red delicious? Yuck
Bet all 914 ladies may look like this if they see themselves in that mirror.

Click to view attachment
mudfoot76
QUOTE(wrpspddrvr @ Dec 8 2006, 10:30 AM) *

Your car with the current mirrors is the sex, man. chowtime.gif
Why do you want those atrocious rubber things? chair.gif

agree.gif

My car has big rubber monstrosities like those for mirrors (sorry no pics, i'm at work) and they do not look nice. What you have now is much more aesthetically appealing. I can't see too well out of my side mirrors either, just enough to know if a car is there or not.

Steve Thacker
You guys may be right. Maybe I should just keep what I have.
I guess the cannonball rally italian who said" Whatsa behind me doesn'ta matter" applies.

Steve Thacker
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Dec 8 2006, 11:55 AM) *

No offense. I like your 914. Show us more of it without that mirror.
The subject mirror: Sour apple for a red delicious? Yuck
Bet all 914 ladies may look like this if they see themselves in that mirror.

Click to view attachment

Here is the link to the car.>>>>
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...95&hl=rayco
cooltimes
QUOTE(Steve Thacker @ Dec 8 2006, 11:40 AM) *

You guys may be right. Maybe I should just keep what I have.
I guess the cannonball rally italian who said" Whatsa behind me doesn'ta matter" applies.

http://www.bazart.me.uk/Dragons%20Den%20Cartoons.htm
Steve Thacker
A periscope. Now that is a novel idea. Searching for one on ebay right now aktion035.gif
Rand
My $.02 on mirror location...

Mount them in the stock locations. Visibility is most important, and that's where it's best. (Also happens to look best IMO.)

Outside the practical visibility thing, it's all opinion and personal taste. I kinda like your new mirrors, although the corrugated boots are a bit much.

As to alternate locations... Mounting them on the windshield pillar seems kind of late 80s ricer style to me. I saw a 914 with mirrors high on the windshield frame once, and it looked really stupid. Didn't fit the car at all.

Your car is unique and you should do what you like.
cooltimes
Wow. Thanks for the Back to the Future Link.
With the 914 mod taste you presented, asking the mirror quiz was a joke.
Never follow anyone's 914 dreams but your own.
Excellent is not just a word. It is your talent and your 914.
Salute.
Beep Beep.
MikeCool

[/quote]

[/quote]
Dr Evil
I know those mirrors! The nice ones on the car, not the ugly black ones. I have a set sitting on my shelf that I never used. Old Mazda RX7. I got the switch and stuff to make them power as well. I never sow them on a 914 before now. I like, but its your car. biggrin.gif
Steve Thacker
[quote name='cooltimes' date='Dec 8 2006, 02:04 PM' post='832373']
Wow. Thanks for the Back to the Future Link.
With the 914 mod taste you presented, asking the mirror quiz was a joke.
Never follow anyone's 914 dreams but your own.
Excellent is not just a word. It is your talent and your 914.
Salute.
Beep Beep.
MikeCool

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thank you Mike. Yea my car is way more than a bit bastardized and IF I do think of bolting these on just to see what they look like. The boots will have to take a hike. Way too ricer for my taste. They would look better put in the original place as the old chevy ones I agree.

Tough decision trying to find the perfect look that makes the car look good.
True this car eeks a few, but its better than the alternative of it once coming stupidly close to becoming a toaster or washing machine.
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 8 2006, 02:32 PM) *

I know those mirrors! The nice ones on the car, not the ugly black ones. I have a set sitting on my shelf that I never used. Old Mazda RX7. I got the switch and stuff to make them power as well. I never sow them on a 914 before now. I like, but its your car. biggrin.gif

Not sure where the fella on ebay got them, but I guess I have my own set now to sit on the shelf biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.