Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new whip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
groot
So, many of you know that I work for Ford (at least for now). We get some decent lease deals... 1 year lease, insurance included, blah, blah, blah. Last year I got the tow vehicle and the wife had the car. The year before I had a RX-8. This year, it's my turn the get the car again, and nothing really jumped out at me. I drive teh crap out of Foci every day. We can't get the Mazdaspeed 3 or 6, so what to get.....

It's only a year, so why not a Mustang..... Here she is....
DanT
very nice....stick or auto...?

I had a 2000GT and really liked the car. in town gas mileage wasn't too great but on the freeway in 5th doing 70-75 I got ~28mpg

Only thing I didn't like about the mustang was the tiny gas tank...seemed like I always needed to get gas...or was that because I was always jumpin' on it to hear that nice v-8 song....I put Flowmasters on it so it had a real nice deep tone.

Like the color....what is it called.
groot
Manual... of course..... the auto blows chunks. You can rest assured that I'll be turning this car in with less tread on the rear tires than on the front burnout.gif

Grabber Orange. 2007 color, one year only. The car would be downright awesome if it weighed 1000 pounds less.
Brett W
Can I come up and just do a couple drifting laps around that circle in the background. Your neighbors would love me.
grantsfo
Very nice! If I didnt have commute over dangerous mountain roads I would have been in a Mustang GT. My Mazdaspeed 6 with AWD is incredibly competent, but its a bit boring at times. Tough to beat a snarling V8 even if it is more crude and couldnt come close to levels of traction an AWD sedan offers. Doesnt it snow in Michigan?
groot
Last I checked it does still snow in MI... but I spend a great deal of the winter in AZ for work... and my commute to work is really short.

That Mazdaspeed 6 is a nice ride. A buddy got one and we've had some fun in it.

It is a crude instrument to be sure. Funny thing is, when I turned in my Expedition I downgraded my suspension. The big truck has a sports car suspension and the "sports car" has a truck suspension. Go figure.

Brett-There's always an opportunity for you to drift my car(s), open invitation.
TravisNeff
Are you at the GM proving grounds down in AZ? That is right down the street from me.
groot
No, I'm up at Wittmann... Volvo's proving grounds, but for Ford.

I know where you are though. I had a buddy who lived in Mesa and worked at the TRW facility a few years ago.
Mike T
Whenever I travel for work I upgrade my Hertz rental and try to get a 2005+ Mustang. Sure they're only V6 automatics yawn.gif but still fun to drive. I'm 6' 5" and 300lbs and I fit fine. Not a lot of cars I can say that about.

Nice wheels on yours too.

Mike T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.