Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulley for thermostat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
I am refering to the small pulley that mounts to the block and is part of the thermostat / cooling flap arrangement.

I found one in my parts bin, but I don't think it is the right pulley. Anyone have a good picture?

thanks
tommy914
Here it is circled in blue.
Click to view attachment
jr91472
hmmm, that doesn't look like the one I have. Mine is too thick for the bolt that goes with it.

I guess its time to get creative.

thanks for the picture!!! smilie_pokal.gif
SGB
Too thick....hmmmm
Is it a clutch cable pully instead?

Tommy-
You got the engine out of yer perty car?
jr91472
Ok, here is a photo of the pulley I found in my parts bin and the bolt I pulled out of the motor. These obviously don't go together. But it could be that I don't have the correct bolt. confused24.gif

Can anyone confirm????

thanks smiley_notworthy.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Dec 10 2006, 08:41 AM) *

Ok, here is a photo of the pulley I found in my parts bin and the bolt I pulled out of the motor. These obviously don't go together. But it could be that I don't have the correct bolt. confused24.gif

Can anyone confirm????

thanks smiley_notworthy.gif

Ummmm that's not it.
rcrgrl
looks like right bolt but wrong pully - the pulley looks like the plastic hinge roller for the rear trunk - just my guess...
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(rcrgrl @ Dec 10 2006, 11:06 AM) *

looks like right bolt but wrong pully - the pulley looks like the plastic hinge roller for the rear trunk - just my guess...

you got it!
TheCabinetmaker
opps, I responded too soon. that bolt goes with that roller which goes on the rear trunk hinge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.