Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: unilite
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pffft
I have a unilite and blue coil in a box that came with my car. I know it was in
the original 1.7 in this car, but when the replacement 2.2 was plugged in,
the unilite wasn't installed. It has an 009 in it. I found notes that it was set at
11 and 32 degrees, but I haven't checked to see what springs are in it yet.
Is there any reason I can't plug it in to see how it works? Anyone know if
James had a reason to stop using it? And, will a 1.7 dizzy plug in a 2.0?

Thanks!

patrick
Mueller
I'm not sure why James didn't use the Unilite, he knew of it's advantanges...the ideal springs are grey/grey, not too sure about the ideal start/stop of the curve however....I know someone that bought one from Jake metioned 12/28 or something like that...
Brando
Best set with an adjustable timing light. I set my (unmodified) .009 to 10º at idle. I believe full advance should be 32º at about 3500rpms.
SGB
I set my unitliter per Jakes specs which IIRC were 10 at idle and a max of 28 or 29. My car really prefers that. I tried adavancing a little more and it added nothing but noise. Brando is right, dial it back a little (actually I guess "less advance" maens dial it forward). It might not seem quite as punchy, but the power will come on more linearly. If the max advance is 31 thats not too bad- not the usual 009 setting wich gets it up to 36 or something....
Aaron Cox
i run 12 initial degrees and 29 total.... grey/grey springs
pffft
Thanks everyone.

I now know why it was not installed. The oil pressure sender for the
911 gauges (at least I think that's what it is) and the 2.0 tin are in
the way.... I suppose if there is another sender that is lower
(?) I need one and a big hammer .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.