Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DFW Free gokarting today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Sorry for the short notice. 1st anual NTK fun day today at the N. Tx. Karters track in Denton. its free from 12 to 5 PM. Kart manufacturers will have a bunch of karts in all sizes for you to try on the track driving.gif . The track is at Exit 474 off of 35 in Denton. Ill be there with Cam and Lizzy while Momma takes Matt for Baseball team tryouts. He gets nervous if Im there.
Brian_Boss
I'll be there Larry.

I didn't know you were into karting.
spare time toys
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Dec 10 2006, 11:10 AM) *

I'll be there Larry.

I didn't know you were into karting.

I have driven shifter karts on the ramp at the hanger a couple of times. They are a hoot. Ill have on my club hat.
spare time toys
Just got back home. It was unorganized and Lizzy was the only one who got to drive. She didnt like it she thought it was too fast sad.gif We talked about the speed on the way home and what scared her the most was no seat belt we have that cramed into her head that she needs to have one on beerchug.gif Here are the shots I got of her driving-girl.gif and one of Cam posing with a kart

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

zen motorcycle
Sorry I missed that and sorry it wasn't as fun as it should have been. Keep us posted if anything like this comes up again. I am always looking for new ways to spend nonexistant money an karting is at the top of the list.
nebreitling
a rotax (that's what lizzy was driving) isn't actually all that fast for a kart, but it is WAY TOO FAST for the uninitiated. definitely, let her know that that it is OKAY and TOTALLY NORMAL to be uncomfortable with the speed and handling characteristics of the kart. hell, the first time i drove my kart i nearly pissed myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.