Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early/late model side mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
thumb3d.gif i noticed mikez's ad selling both early and late model year side mirrors http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=65335 and never knew there was different styles. can some one varifiey the changeover time. i've got a early 73 with the "square shouldered " one that i think is original on it. i also have 2 from a 71 and 72 and they are rounded stems. maybe one of you guys could shed some light??? confused24.gif
Porsche Rescue
Don't know change date, but yours seem backwards. The early cars (70 for sure) had the "square" cornered arm, later had rounded. I think there is also a slight difference in the size of the mirror.
GeorgeRud
My 70 914-6 has the smaller, sharply angled mirror, and my 73 914 has the larger one, so that kind of narrows the date somewhat. As was often the case in those days, my guess is that they changed over when they ran out of the older ones, no particular date or model year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.