Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What should I offer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Hey, there is a rusty 1.8 up in my neck of the woods that I drove past today. I was thinking of making an offer for it as a parts car for my own restoration.

The shop that is selling it was closed, so I may call them tomorrow and I was not able to look inside the car.

Interior is OK.
Longs are missing the jack points. Looks like the PO welded clamshells over the rusty longs. Looked under the car, and hell hole and lower firewall are gone. Rusty piles of rust. Rust on the doors. Rust around the windshield. This is not a good candidate for restoration.

No idea what the front and rear trunks look like.
No idea if it runs.
no idea about the tranny.

But it does have some parts that I need, and I could probably part the beast and make my investment in it back. Maybe.

Zach
Joe Bob
$500...if that. Parts....
BMartin914
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 10 2006, 03:39 PM) *

$500...if that. Parts....

if that.
Twystd1
Walk up to the seller and explain to them that the only thing you want is the engine for a core.

They will say they wan't to sell the car in it's entirety.

You then show them the smoked longs and all the rust throughout the car.

Repeat that you only want the engine as it is the only thing of value left on the car.

In the end result. Offer to take the car away... At your expense.

And give them 150.00 bucks or so for the core engine.

Or let them sell it to someone else......

Just a thought........................

C
So.Cal.914
I agree with Clayton, if it is a rust bucket your the one that will have to get rid of it.

$150.00 for a 1.8 core is about right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.