Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight is Dim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
My right headlight is very dim (almost a glow). Same on high or low beam. My first guess is a bad ground connection. Is there a separate ground for each headlight? Where should I start the troubleshooting process? The left side is fine.
JWest
Yes, it is a welded 6mm stud (10mm nut) right behind each headlight (in trunk).
redshift
My left one was dim 3 nights ago.

Grounds at lights, relays, headlight switch, all cleaned, all better.. way, way better.

M
Porsche Rescue
Problem solved. It was ground problem. Cleaned the stud in the trunk. No help. Removed the left bulb and found the ground wire was attached to the plug with about two strands. Reconnected and I have light.
McMark
Clean electrical contacts are good! A while back I unplugged the right headlight for some reason and once I had it all back together that side was noticably brighter just from a quick unplug - replug.

Every five years make sure to unplug and clean all the electrical connections on the car. Should only take 4-5 hours. Add it to the maintenance schedule.
madd_dogg_914
agree.gif That is some sound advice there! If you don't it will degrade the wires so cleaning later will be less effective . . . Just ask Mr. Bowsbly
-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.