Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlight restoration for my street/racecar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
project-914
well, everybody knows what these headlights look like before...crappy...so I had them dipped and zinc/gold coated, and then I polished the retainer rings on my wheel

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

those pics also include my hood hinges and some fog light parts too...but, then I bought new screws and clips from ace hardware...hehe and rebuilt them

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

they look pretty and will be functional...I will not be using the headlight motors also since they weigh a lot, and I will be custom fabbing some lifters out of bike cables, just thought I'd share the success
Aaron Cox
with all that beautiful work.. you are gonna run sealed beam DOT headlamps?!??!?!

go get some cibie Ecode h4's or some hella's and do your lighting system justice!
project-914
haha, that's just what the car came with (nothing matched)...actually the lights included don't even match, so I will most likely upgrade when the time comes, if it's not super expensive
racerx9146
Looks good! Where did you get your plating kit? Been contemplating trying it!

John
Rusty
Absolutely gorgeous. wub.gif
Pat Garvey
This "purist" thinks they look.......great!

Yep, I'm a purist, but I have a garage queen. When I get my next 914, I'll do this & bunch of other things that are non-purist. Once you get locked into originality & abide by it, you have no room for creativity.

It's your 914 - make your choices & go with them.

When I get my next, it will be a California tub. And we'll go from there. And it WON't be a purist's 914. Love mine, but there's only room for one here.

Like what you did!
JmuRiz
Woah, that looks great!!!
boxstr
Excellent.
CCLINPLATEMEUP
maf914
Very nice! I like it. thumb3d.gif
type47fan
Spectacular! What's the rest of the car look like?

Thanks,
Joe Bob
Looks fine to me...that kind of bling, bling is functional....
project-914
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Dec 10 2006, 10:44 PM) *

Looks good! Where did you get your plating kit? Been contemplating trying it!

John

I took it to a local chrome shop where they dipped it there, and instead of chroming it I had them zinc/gold it...I will be taking other parts there later such as miscillaneous latches and suspension parts

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 11 2006, 06:26 PM) *

This "purist" thinks they look.......great!

Yep, I'm a purist, but I have a garage queen. When I get my next 914, I'll do this & bunch of other things that are non-purist. Once you get locked into originality & abide by it, you have no room for creativity.

It's your 914 - make your choices & go with them.

When I get my next, it will be a California tub. And we'll go from there. And it WON't be a purist's 914. Love mine, but there's only room for one here.

Like what you did!

glad you like it, and I understand about how once you go purist with one car...that car HAS to stay that way...especially since all the genuine parts and looks cost so much...hate to waste money for a 'half original car' lol

the rest of the car looks aweful, but the motor got pulled yesterday, and now I'm trying to find more pics of the headlight cable lifters so I don't have to use the motors...pm me if you know of anything
orange914
smiley_notworthy.gif VERY impressive

your gonna have to run that without the surounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.