Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woohoo! It came!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I finally received my copy that I won on German e-bay. Perfect shape and the dust jacket looks as new!

I wish I could remember the German I learned 15 years ago.

Interesting enough... it shows some of the early 914 cars (like the 914-8) and it has the same front turn signal lenses as Brad's #4 car. But then there is a picture with a caption that says "die erste 914" or "the first 914" and it has regular production lenses.
Aaron Cox
scan it and post it wink.gif laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ Nov 15 2003, 05:27 PM)
But then there is a picture with a caption that says "die erste 914" or "the first 914" and it has regular production lenses.

what page? number?

i happen to understand a bit "deutsch" smile.gif
Andy
Qarl
On page 84 it show's the 914 s or the 914-8 as we know it (the one with the double headlamps) and it has the lenses like on the #4 car. Also on page 90 and 91 in color. The same photo that is on the cover of the book.

On page 34, it says... excuse me... "der Erste" But the profile of the lens is the standard production lens.

There is a closeup of the funky lens on page 25. The caption reads... "Die vorderen Blinkerglasse mu(ss)ten merhmals geandert werden" (Sorry, I can't insert the umlauts or the ess-zets!"
Qarl
closeup
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ Nov 15 2003, 05:42 PM)
On page 34, it says... excuse me... "der Erste" But the profile of the lens is the standard production lens.

yes, "Der Erste ..." 4 cylinder ...

notice how all the other "earlier" cars have 5-lug? they were /6 tubs.
brad's #004 is also a six.
the production started with /6es, the /4 came a bit later.

Andy
Aaron Cox
how much did this "buch" cost?
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Nov 15 2003, 06:00 PM)
how much did this "buch" cost?

i paid $120 for mine ...
Aaron Cox
ouch...120? sad.gif

you must have bought "the last one" from AA bootyshake.gif blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Nov 15 2003, 06:03 PM)
ouch...120? sad.gif

you must have bought "the last one" from AA bootyshake.gif blink.gif

nope. bought it from bowlsby cool.gif

Andy
Qarl
66 Euros or about $77.14 (according to the e-bay conversion).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3554865463

Plus I think $15 for shipping.

They haven't been printed in 20 years.
boxstr
There is the "DAS GROSSE UNIMOG BUCH" for only $75.00 on ebay right now.
CCLINEBAYVILLE
davep
My wife gave me a copy about 20 years ago. It is a great resource. Well, it would be much better if I read German. What we need is a translation. Guess who I nominate? Actually, I started by scanning, OCRing, and running through translation software. It is a bit crude, but I can understand most of it. It is the technical stuff that the software chokes on. BTW, I sometimes need a translator. Any takers?

DaveP
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 15 2003, 07:00 PM)
Guess who I nominate?

me? laugh.gif
davep
QUOTE (davep @ Nov 15 2003, 07:00 PM)
Guess who I nominate?  

me?  

We have a volunteer!!! beerchug.gif
seanery
I think I paid about $89 delivered from Germany for mine, but I don't have a dust jacket.
Bruce Allert
Karl, is your avatar that (can't remember his name) NY street magician that freaks everybody out??? Would love to see him up close & personal.
bruce
Aaron Cox
david blaine.

funny south park about "blainetology" laugh.gif
Qarl
Yes.. same dude that just lived in a glass box in London with only water for 44 days. Also encased himself in ice in Times Square a year or two ago and other stupid stunts.

His street magic card trick shows on TV are crazy... really amazing stuff.
Aaron Cox
yeah i saw that show too, karl. levitation stuff is crazy. huh.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.