J P Stein
URY914
You're going to need a seat.
drgchapman
Where's the rest of your car.......Toots? confused24.gif
Rough_Rider
Crikey!!!!! blink.gif

Drill a few hoes in the floor to let the rain out biggrin.gif

You planning on sticking sandbags in the front to get some weight over the turning wheels??
Jeroen
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

very tempting idea.gif
brant
Nice JP...

I wouldn't of bid against you on ebay if I knew it was you!
brant
Joe Ricard
It's still ULF on the inside. I figured that would be gone by now.
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 12 2006, 04:26 PM) *

We are after 1700 lbs (with driver). I don't think there is any way to get the thing down to 1520 dry....but I'll listen to ideas.....even from Paul biggrin.gif

Convert to a big T4. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
too cool JP!!!
BKLA
JP - who's doing your roll cage mods?

Wow! big changes from last summer!! Car looks great!

Can I PM you to bother you and come to your house to bother you some more ???? I can bring beer!!!

I haven't touched THOMAS' beast yet other than to mount some wheels and wipe it down from the truck ride up, and remove some of the decals. Started it a couple of times - but I need to remove the seat (my a$$ don't fit) and possibly change/modify the rear cross bar in order to get some leg room for me before I can drive it.

I would love to pick your brain sometime - the car is stored at the "camp".
J P Stein

I got a fridge full'o beer that I don't drink.
URY914
It does take some balls to get out the sawzall and wack it off. But you have a REAL racecar now.

One tip: keep your mouth closed when driving. biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 12 2006, 08:02 PM) *

Nice JP...

I wouldn't of bid against you on ebay if I knew it was you!
brant

That was me you were bidding against. I just went for the Buy It Now option to ensure we go it. I am surprised nobody here recognized my Ebay user ID...69Turbo912.

Now that the cat is outta the bag, I got some more good pictures of the progress. Several of this things being done are for weight, others are for comfort...i.e. moving the knee bar above the steering column so that it is no longer a knee bar!

On of the big things we need is a lighter muffler set-up. The Triad is almost 30lbs and is hanging off the rear in the worst place possible...any suggestions?

-Britain
drgchapman

On of the big things we need is a lighter muffler set-up. The Triad is almost 30lbs and is hanging off the rear in the worst place possible...any suggestions?

-Britain

You might want to look at mine? Very clean, very light. biggrin.gif
Rough_Rider
Brit, JP.

I'll loan you a set of megaphones if you'd like.
Alternatively get a 2 in 2 out flowmaster 80 series muffler, or speak to Martin at exhaust specialties in Tigard.
Mike T
J.P. that looks great. I'm looking forward to more progress pictures. Nice big clean work area too.

Mike T

popcorn[1].gif
maf914
Hey, JP,

Have you considered auctioning off the windshield and windshield frame on E-bay? Or are you gonna keep it in case you want to go back to stock later? laugh.gif

Just wondering. Car's looking good. Carry on. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.