Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
My simple cotton cover is now 20 years old. It get washed & softened religiously every couple of months to remove imbedded dust, but it's starting to get thin. Very soft, but thin. So I think it may be time for something newer.

What are the recommendations for a CW car, stored indoors (unheated). I'm certain the cover, and my religous cleaning of it, have kept my paint perfect through the years, so price isn't an issue.
anthony
I've had good luck with California Car Cover Company.

http://www.calcarcover.com/

The custom fit is excellent. I think with a modern indoor cover you won't have to deal so much with inbedded dust.
VWnDRAG
I agree, California Car Cover.
They have different materials depending on use, and prices depending on budget.
All have the same custom fit. They even ask, "one side mirror or two"?
Pat Garvey
Thanks guys - will try them out. Really need a new on since my original post - knocked over a glass off wine in it! Cover kept everything to the roof section, so no problem to the car - other than my continual licking of the roof.
914runnow
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 12 2006, 06:29 PM) *

My simple cotton cover is now 20 years old. It get washed & softened religiously every couple of months to remove imbedded dust, but it's starting to get thin. Very soft, but thin. So I think it may be time for something newer.

What are the recommendations for a CW car, stored indoors (unheated). I'm certain the cover, and my religous cleaning of it, have kept my paint perfect through the years, so price isn't an issue.

agree.gif Cotton type for indoors..keep it shaken out...
And no cats on it....!!!! Custom fit is optional..
Then there is the no dust..drive into bag!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.