Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transaxles for high torque
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LS6/914
Hey gang I need info on shops that can perform ring gear flip for 915 & 930 transaxles. The cylinder heads that I have recently installed took the output well beyond the trans in the car now(gear oil looks like chunky soup) The beast is at the body shop getting flares & paint so its time to step up. Thanks in advance, Lar
r_towle
These guys come highly reccomended

http://www.longenterprises.com/

Rich
Mueller
I don't see anything on thier web site that remotely hints that they do the 930 gear box modifications.

You want a shop that has done them before.
SirAndy
ask Brad-Meister at the All914 shop ...

http://www.all914.com/

tell him i sent you laugh.gif
Andy
Britain Smith
Well...this is actually two totally different issues here. A 915 tranny is much easier and cheaper to flip than a 930. To get an idea of where to get the work done, you must specify which tranny you are going to use and for what application. Anything can be done, just brings wads of cash.

-Britain
LS6/914
Here is more info on the project. Previous had a 327. Now is a stroked 350 with Lingenfelter aluminum heads. I believe a 930 would be the best long term solution...
Brad Roberts
I have all the jigs/fixtures to flip the 930 Ring gear. The biggest issue with the 930 is lack of decent shift linkage. The cable setups "work". The solid linkage solutions make the shifter do funny things in your hands (the shifter makes an arc when shifting from 1-2)

The 930 tranny is the best solution. We just dont have a good shift solution right now. Wevo has hinted at making a 930 shift solution (which would end all issues with shifting the 930 box in a mid-engine config). They already have the industry standard for the 915 in a mid-engine config.

When will you work on the LS6-into a 914 project ??

B
LS6/914
B, the LS6 is waiting for more input (read that CASH). Can you facilitate the work on the 930? Iam also looking at a possible mate of the ls to the vette transaxle, however our shop has not had one long enough to actually dissassemble & measure(GM frowns on my habit of taking things apart under warranty)
BIGKAT_83
Looks kinda long to me.

Bob
smrz914
the best choice is a 930. I want one but can't afford it. Anyways, You can talk to Renegade about a cable shift kit. LastI checke they wanted $650 for the shifter. www.renegadehybrids.com might have some info or better yet call them.
BIGKAT_83
LS6/914 lets see some pictures...

Been in the planning stages for a LS1/LS6 914 swap for a few months now. I have just finished with a 914/383 sbc swap and ready to try the LS6. I've had a LS1 and a SBC side by side in the garage and measured both for size and see no reason that the LS1 should not be a great fit with the throttle body facing the rear as shown in the picture I just posted. Plan to buy a LS1/LS6 over the Thanksgiving weekend at the big swap meet in Daytona.

Bob smile.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.