Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gettin tired of grinding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I'm about worn out. Welding and grinding are hard work. I'll be glad to move onto something else.

Dave
r_towle
Get a real grinder for about 49 bucks at Home Deepblow.

They spin alot faster than your drill and will make it less tiring.

Rich
J P Stein
It pains me to see guys using tools that......ah....suck.
For tight spots....and not so tight, die grinders.....here shown with a few of the attachments available.
J P Stein
For heavy duty work...or wide open spaces. None of these tools cost more than 50 bucks.....cept that electric die grinder.....which I don't use much because it has too much poop. Snuggle into a tight spot with that sucker and it'll eat you alive blink.gif . The air powered jobbies are much easier to control
Bruce Allert
I used one a'dem blue thingys in JP's last pic for cuttin off the pivot point of the trunk hinge. Went thru it like butter! Nut'n like the right tools to make the job faster & easier.
bruce
seanery
Dave,

You look wooped!

They're right, you'll be much happier with the air powered stuff.
GWN7
62 Items listed at Harbour Frieght prices start at about $18 The right tool for the right job. cool.gif
Porsche Rescue
All good advice guys but if he got no compressor the price goes up!
Katmanken
Bought me one of those electric Deck and Blacker 4 inch grinders at WallyMart for $33. Came with 5 free grinding disks.

Plenty power, plenty good.

Also like dremels for fine finesse. Seen guys take off a coupla tenths (of a thousandth) with one of those.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.