Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber Float Level
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rough_Rider
Re-building the webers noticed the float adjustment is done by bending the small flat metal tab.

Question is If prior to assembly everything was working correctly & nothing is changed, can't the float be simply re-installed?
maf914
For years I used a set of 40 IDF I bought new from CB Performance and everything worked pretty well. But seemingly from out of the blue one carb started leaking fuel into one of the throats and running rough. After reading all of the trouble shooting recommendations I decided to check the float level and found that the float in that carb was well out of adjustment. I adjusted it per the Haynes Weber manual instructions and the problem was solved. One of those lucky success stories. laugh.gif

I mention this, because even though the carbs seem to be working well, maybe they could work better if the float was at the correct adjustment. Checking this is not difficult, just use a small ruler, and if they are within tolerance you won't have to do anything. If they are not, then you possibly just saved yourself another teardown should they develope float related problems. Just remember, while you're in there you may as well.... idea.gif
SGB
QUOTE(maf914 @ Dec 13 2006, 01:58 PM) *

For years I used a set of 40 IDF I bought new from CB Performance and everything worked pretty well. But seemingly from out of the blue one carb started leaking fuel into one of the throats and running rough. After reading all of the trouble shooting recommendations I decided to check the float level and found that the float in that carb was well out of adjustment. I adjusted it per the Haynes Weber manual instructions and the problem was solved. One of those lucky success stories. laugh.gif

I mention this, because even though the carbs seem to be working well, maybe they could work better if the float was at the correct adjustment. Checking this is not difficult, just use a small ruler, and if they are within tolerance you won't have to do anything. If they are not, then you possibly just saved yourself another teardown should they develope float related problems. Just remember, while you're in there you may as well.... idea.gif

This describes my situation as well. I'm hoping when the car is back on the road I will find the way-off level in on of my 40 idf's is responsible for the mid-throttle miss that sidelined my car. "While I was in there" has evolved to trans rebuild by Dr Evil, gas tank refurbishment, fuel line replacement, carb, rebuild (of course), and various painting and or polishing events....
904svo
QUOTE(maf914 @ Dec 13 2006, 11:58 AM) *

agree.gif
Allways adjust the floats when apart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.