Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Before and after pics of rust repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Hell hole. I left the battery tray off for easier acess to the frame rail. I'll weld it in later
DNHunt
What I started with
DNHunt
Pergatory, the driver's side. This was much harder. there were no preformed pieces and the engine lid release was in the way.
DNHunt
In the beginning
DNHunt
Driver side firewall
DNHunt
The holes
DNHunt
Passenger firewall
DNHunt
The holes in the passenger firewall
DNHunt
I wouldn't say it's beautiful but it's the best I can do and I'm pretty happy with it.

The pieces from Restoration Designs are wonderful. Definitely a must for something like this. I still can't weld for sh*t but I'm getting better. Fortunately, grinding sort of comes naturally for me. Lota work but pretty satisfying.

Dave
RustyWa
Way to go Dave!! smilie_pokal.gif

I'm prepping my engine for the drop, sometime soon. Everything on the top side is ready, just need to start taking things off the bottom side now.

Hey, is that battery tray support welded yet in your photo? I was just wondering if that paint on the support is that "weldable primer" I've heard about before.
DNHunt
The answer to your question are yes and yes. I also have a rattle can of weldable primer and I sprayed all the surfaces that touching in the weld with primer before welding.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.