Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need a new oil burner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
Is there anyone here in the furnace/HVAC business in Maryland? My furnace went tits-up just before Christmas and I decided rather than spending $600 to get an 18 year old furnace through another season (with no guarantee that it would actually make it through the season), I'm going to upgrade to a new model.

I've posted requests here and in my Corvette club, because I'd like to take my business to fellow enthusiasts if at all possible. Please PM me if you can help me out. Thanks!
Dr. Roger
i'd go pellet stove. have you looked into those? low tech and great efficiency.
Dr. Roger
we had one of these in one of our rental ski houses near squaw valley and it heated the whole 2 story house.

http://www.pelletstove-heat.com/
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Dec 24 2006, 01:47 PM) *

i'd go pellet stove. have you looked into those? low tech and great efficiency.

I've thought about it... wondering if one of those keep my whole house warm? I have an old log farmhouse with a one room frame addition. It's a small house, but the windows are old and drafty because I spend all my money on cars.

Seriously, I have friends across the street who have one and it's really nice, if you have the indoor real estate. (Their house is bigger than mine, and they also have a boiler/underfloor heating system as well.) The nice thing about a furnace is that I can put it in the cellar and it doesn't take up any actual living space.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.