Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: random parts, nicely powdercoated
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davesprinkle
Hey guys and girls,

I'm trying to put my 914 back together and can't remember the home for these parts. Can anyone out there ID these for me?

Thanks for skipping the comments about my bad memory.

Merry Christmas and all that.
-dave sprinkle
Click to view attachment
boxstr
Not sure without looking at them in person, I think they go on the bumper or bumperettes.
The small pieces looks like it might be a brake line clip holder, thingy.
CCLINTHEMYSTERYPARTPLAYHOUSE
Lou W
I found those same parts in the Home Depot Sliding Glass Door Installation Kit for my home remodel.

happy11.gif sorry, I just had to do that. I really don't know where they go.

wreath.gif But I do hope you have a Merry Christmas
william harris
Yes, I agree with Boxstr, those look like the parts that attach to the bumperettes, obviously missing.
jr91472
I think that small one at the bottom goes with the thermostat that mounts to the bottom of the motor. It is part of the bracket that holds the bellows (i think)

good luck

beer.gif
Aaron Cox
yep - bumperette supports for 73/74 front bumpers
ejm
JR is correct - #5 in the pic

davesprinkle
Thanks, everyone, for the advice on the location of these bits. You rock.

Aaron, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge of the most arcane part. You even know the years of production. Good grief. 914s are a waste of your talent. You should go to school or something.

Craig, you're welcome to see these in person. I'm a short drive away in Eastmoreland. I've got the beer ready.

Thanks again.
-dave
Aaron Cox
dave - L O effin L !!!

if school was as fun as 914's.... well... i would have already graduated LOL

good to hear from you!!! BTW - last i heard on the motor it is already rebuilt and in someones 911.....
Elliot_Cannon
Bumperette? Gender specific parts?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 24 2006, 12:56 PM) *

they are also known as titties....

so yes... pretty gender specific...

as you can see... "WOW! Look at the Bumperettes on elliot!" doesnt work so well... av-943.gif

or... does it???
boxstr
But...it works better when it is " Hey nice bumperettes Aaron shocked[1].gif
Works for me.
CCLINBUF
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 24 2006, 01:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 24 2006, 12:56 PM) *

they are also known as titties....

It took me a while to figure out what they were actually for, too. I found though that they tend to slant down a bit, so when using I suggest making sure your teener's at the optimal angle. beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
nice triad btw!
Aaron Cox
oh no!!

thats an EARLY rare chrome straight lined bumper.. vs the later rounded ones....

someone put late tits on it... sad.gif
davesprinkle
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 24 2006, 12:53 PM) *

dave - L O effin L !!!

good to hear from you!!! BTW - last i heard on the motor it is already rebuilt and in someones 911.....

Aaron... No kidding about that motor? I had that siezed oily b*tch in my garage for 10 effing years. Who rebuilt it and what was wrong with it?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Dec 24 2006, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 24 2006, 12:53 PM) *

dave - L O effin L !!!

Aaron... No kidding about that motor? I had that siezed oily b*tch in my garage for 10 effing years. Who rebuilt it and what was wrong with it?

hey dave,

never really asked what was wrong with it.... and i sold it to a guy on pelican...
davesprinkle
JR, thanks for IDing the thermostat bracket. Ed, that exploded parts diagram is awesome. Could've used a set of those drawings about, roughly, six hundred seventy-two thousand, eight hundred thirty-seven times in the reassembly of this car. Forgive the stupid question, but where can I get a set of those diagrams? On CD, maybe?

Thanks again, and merry christmas, everyone.
-dave
ejm
where can I get a set of those diagrams?

Catalogs in pdf are here... select what you want and save a copy to your hd when the pdf opens...
william harris
And there used to be a secret page here with all the same info??? Does this still exist? idea.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(william harris @ Dec 26 2006, 09:09 AM) *

And there used to be a secret page here with all the same info??? Does this still exist? idea.gif

nope. we became aware of some copyright issues
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.