Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 Conversion Alternator Issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
So what's the deal?

Ever since I've had my car the charge light will not go out. I'm getting 14.4 volts at the battery, everything seems to work properly but the damn light stays on.

I have heard about 5 different opinions like, change the bulb with a different wattage, put a resistor in the circuit, etc.

So how do you conversion guys go about dealing with the charging system?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Headrage @ Dec 24 2006, 01:17 PM) *

So what's the deal?

Ever since I've had my car the charge light will not go out. I'm getting 14.4 volts at the battery, everything seems to work properly but the damn light stays on.

I have heard about 5 different opinions like, change the bulb with a different wattage, put a resistor in the circuit, etc.

Mine does exactly the same thing. It is driving me batty...

I put a DVOM on the battery and monitored it for 2 weeks of driving. The alternator is working fine.

But that damned red light just stays there, mocking me... headbang.gif

Its gotta be the bulb. I am going to get an alternator light bulb from a 911....
Toast
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 24 2006, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Headrage @ Dec 24 2006, 01:17 PM) *

So what's the deal?

Mine does exactly the same thing. It is driving me batty...

I put a DVOM on the battery and monitored it for 2 weeks of driving. The alternator is working fine.

But that damned red light just stays there, mocking me... headbang.gif

Its gotta be the bulb. I am going to get an alternator light bulb from a 911....

You can read Ron's post on ClubNARP about the solution. His works perfectly.
Rusty
Hi Toasty-one!

Nice to see you here! smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Joe Bob
Pull the bulb out...see if the charging stops. Maybe the builder has a seperate D+ circuit. Stupider things have happened....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.