Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC....who is on this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
what are the dates? is it still on?.....or is it going to be a barbeque at Joes???
or is this to much to ask...at this point in time??
Dr. Roger
my head still hurts...

but on a happy note:
How about starting something new, fresh and clean?

"West Coast Classic"? I dunno.

"914World.com's West Coast Classic"? Much better IMHO. =-)

Invite lots of 914 friends... I almost started this thread this morning but didn't knwo if anyone had already asked this question. Now I know. LOL
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Dec 24 2006, 02:41 PM) *

my head still hurts...

but on a happy note:
How about starting something new, fresh and clean?

"West Coast Classic"? I dunno.

"914World.com's West Coast Classic"? Much better IMHO. =-)

Invite lots of 914 friends... I almost started this thread this morning but didn't knwo if anyone had already asked this question. Now I know. LOL

The last time I discussed this with McMark it was still a go no matter who was the organization behind it. I think he planned on reducing his room count at the hotel from 100 to 50 though. It will have an autocross if it happens. Not sure on the track day.
I think McMark is probably buried in family obligations for the holiday so be patient and he will pipe up.
If it happens though Steve, the BBQ idea you and were discussing for the welcome evening should still occur. jsharp.gif
McMark
I have an email out to the hotel to sign a contract for 50 rooms. It will be going ahead as planned on the weekend of Fathers Day. 3 weeks after the atomic ramble. Entry fees are not established at this time, but there WILL be a break down of costs so people can see exactly why I'm charging money. (the AX venue will cost money) Any extra money will go to charity.

The name of the event will change and I'd love to hear some suggestions! I was thinking "914World West".
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 24 2006, 02:54 PM) *

I have an email out to the hotel to sign a contract for 50 rooms. It will be going ahead as planned on the weekend of Fathers Day. 3 weeks after the atomic ramble. Entry fees are not established at this time, but there WILL be a break down of costs so people can see exactly why I'm charging money. (the AX venue will cost money) Any extra money will go to charity.

The name of the event will change and I'd love to hear some suggestions! I was thinking "914World West".

I LOVE IT! beerchug.gif

markb
914World Western Wramble smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
How bout...914FEST...or maybe 914FEST - West....leaving room for other meets in the global economy...smile.gif
Allan
WCC = Women Can Come.

I'm in like Aaron at a 12 year olds birthday party....
ConeDodger
914West Fest[color=#3333FF]

jsharp.gif driving-girl.gif clap.gif
markb
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 24 2006, 03:59 PM) *

How bout...914FEST...or maybe 914FEST - West....leaving room for other meets in the global economy...smile.gif

agree.gif
It's got a nice feel to it.
smj
914World... West Fest... West 914World...
West World!! Hey, anybody got a picture of Yul Brenner in a 914? biggrin.gif

Seriously, if the organizer's the same why shouldn't it continue under the same name? Aren't these events created and defined by the people attending, rather than the URL used to coordinate? Shoot, URLs are cheap, good people are hard to find...

Whatever McMark wants to call it is fine by me, I guess. Just make sure there's a twistie road for a drive and a cool shirt/hat I can buy. w00t.gif
sww914
When & where?
McMark
Fathers Day Weekend 2007, Rohnert Park, CA (maps.google.com if you're not familiar with CA)
jimtab
I'm In....and I don't give a shit what you call it....call it SAlly if you want....
Bleyseng
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 24 2006, 10:34 PM) *

Fathers Day Weekend 2006, Rohnert Park, CA (maps.google.com if you're not familiar with CA)

How about a real date instead of a weekend I can never remember??

914WestFest is good
DNHunt
I'm in. Don't care about the name, don't care about the date, I just want to have fun.
silver914.jpg silver914.jpg av-943.gif av-943.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

Dave
reverie
That's the weekend of June 16 - 17 (if the event is going to be longer than just the Saturday and Sunday, please let us know). And that's 2007, unless we're going back in time by exceeding the speed of light. cool_shades.gif

I'm planning a road trip around this. I'll be there.
jim_hoyland
agree.gif I've locked in the days off for the trip and looking forward to a great time !

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Dec 25 2006, 07:34 AM) *

I'm in. Don't care about the name, don't care about the date, I just want to have fun.
silver914.jpg silver914.jpg av-943.gif av-943.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

Dave

ThinAir
QUOTE(smj @ Dec 24 2006, 09:49 PM) *

914World... West Fest... West 914World...
West World!! Hey, anybody got a picture of Yul Brenner in a 914? biggrin.gif

Hey! Westworld is in Arizona! How about 914WorldFest - Pacific to leave room for other events that might want to follow a similar pattern, like 914WorldFest - Arizona?
Dr Evil
The 914World Wild West Fest = W3F

McMark
QUOTE(reverie @ Dec 25 2006, 08:12 AM) *

That's the weekend of June 16 - 17 (if the event is going to be longer than just the Saturday and Sunday, please let us know). And that's 2007, unless we're going back in time by exceeding the speed of light. cool_shades.gif

I'm planning a road trip around this. I'll be there.

Friday June 15 - Arrival/Party
Saturday June 16 - Drive
Sunday June 17 - Show-N-Shine, awards, tech sessions
Monday June 18 - AX at Santa Rosa airport (a regular PCA AX venue) This will not be piggybacking on anyone else. This is an AX just for event attendees. wink.gif We will not be going to Infineon, Thunderhill or any other track. The AX is more 'newbie' friendly. Timing lights and cones will be used, so it will be 'competitive'. biggrin.gif

I'm glad to see such support. The most important thing about this event to me is getting out with my friends and having fun regardless of their 'club affiliation' or whatever.
VaccaRabite
Why change the name?

Everyone knows what the WCC is now. If Club.com is hosting a "WCC," and I have not heard about it there if they are, wouldn't it be more of a benefit to the users to have the clubs work together to make 1 big event rather then 2 smaller ones?

At the very least, offering to the Club.com to come on board to make this years event better then ever could be one hell of a peace pipe.

Not that I could go either way (prior plans on the other side of the country) but it is something to think about.

Zach
reverie
Could they bring Miles with them?

We need Miles to complete the band. smile.gif
Jenny
914World West... Can I bring my cowboy hat? smile.gif

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.