Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I know that this topic has been discussed several times before. But, I still can't decide what is the best choice. So.... What do you all think is the best choice?

I would like to replace the bushings if there is noticable improvement in performance and ride quality. From what I have read -the performance improvement is there. However, I do not want to sacrifice total ride quailty by introducing an annoying squeak.

My car's intention (at least for now) is to be a well mannered performance driver that is a blast to drive on twisty/hilly roads and will be competitive if it finds itself on a track. I'm currently planning on a slightly tweeked 2.0 L, 195x65 tires, Sport Konis front and rear, coil over rear springs-135/140 lbs, 19 or 21mm front sway bar.

Based on this configuration - Is replacing the rear bushings:

-A great thing to do to maximize performance
-Nice to do while i'm in there replacing everything else
-Not really necessary for the car's intended use

Does it make sense to replace front only or back only?

What is your opinion/experience?

Also - let me know if you have suggestions regarding the proposed suspension set up

Thanks folks!
Jeroen
Judging the rest of your setup, I'd say a set of Mikey's roller bearings (which are best) is absolute overkill

So, in your case, I'd check the rubber bushings that are on your car now for wear, tear and deformation. If they look ok, leave the bushings alone...

If not, you can install a set of weltmeister bushings. Check the "classic" threads on install tips if you need.

Oh, and check if the holes in the inner rear suspension pick-ups are still round, and not oval.

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
agree.gif what he said ^^^^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.