Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good source for seals and trim pieces
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RSWannabe
I'm stripping my car for paint and preparing for reassembly. I have search the forum but not ben able to find sources for the windshied surround trim. Is this even available new? Also, what are good sources for the trim peices on the top coreners of the Targa bar? Mine were pretty beat up. How about rubber seals for doors and trunks?

Thanks,

Brooke
TravisNeff
Try GPR for the seals www.gprparts.com - you will need to call them about the seals as they are not listed on the website. The windshield seal is unobtanium right now.
smj
Do you still need the windshield seal if you glue in the windshield, as JPB mentioned doing on his car?

Today, new windshield. I said to the windshield dude, "No butile tape, I want it glued like the Fords!" He did it with no need for paint on the back side and used his own trim since the one here was about 1/4" thinner. It all worked with the glue and sealed everything tight. Looks AWSOME!!
PRS914-6
All the trim pieces except the long bottom are still available from the dealer. Call Jeff at Sunset Imports 800-346-0182 (ask for Porsche parts) and tell him I sent you for the best price. The lower piece is NLA. I had to buy one from AA who reamed me on the shipping but I needed the part....

You should replace the little retaining clips as well....
pfierb
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Dec 25 2006, 12:32 AM) *

All the trim pieces except the long bottom are still available from the dealer. Call Jeff at Sunset Imports 800-346-0182 (ask for Porsche parts) and tell him I sent you for the best price. The lower piece is NLA. I had to buy one from AA who reamed me on the shipping but I needed the part....

You should replace the little retaining clips as well....

Just got the lower trim piece.....brand new from Performance Parts infact got all the trim parts from them.
william harris
I happen to know a guy (former parts manager from local Porsche dealer, 914 owner) who has one windshield seal (part that goes up the vent windows and across the top) sitting in a plastic bag in his garage. Prices on this unavailable piece on E-Bay have been in excess of $1,000. Glad I got mine about 2 years ago when we discovered there were 6 left in Germany.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.