Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a WEVO and Merry Christmas Folks ! ! !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTPatrick
What are the reasons for getting and installing a WEVO tranny assembly part ??? What does it do for you and how does it imnprove a 901 tranny ??? Is it really worth it $$$ wise or what ???

A side shifter tranny to be specific ???

BTW folks , here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Most Prosperous and Happy New Year ! ! ! ! 2007 has got to be better for all of us than 2006 .

Party on . beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif

GTP smoke.gif
Mueller
Not sure what you are talking about....

WEVO is a brand, not a particular part....

They make 911 engine mounts and 914 transmission mounts as well as 915 transmission parts

for 901's not a lot offered from them....

I do have thier 914 transmission mounts which I could recommend....

for those that have swapped over to a 915 transmission, I have never heard anything bad about the parts....
GeorgeRud
As Mueller said, they have nothing that will really help the 901 transmission other than the transmission mounts, which I believe are worth their weight in gold.

Their other parts are relating to the 915 transmissions, which have gathered popularity with those people putting higher power engines in their 914s. The parts allow you to convert the 915 to a midengined application, and have additional shift linkage parts all of the highest quality. I have never heard anyone say a bad word about their products. First Class all the way!
Britain Smith
Here is the tranny mount.

-Britain

IPB Image
dekman
If your upgrading to a 915 with the Wevo conversion...let me know cause I just did it! aktion035.gif
GTPatrick
I understand that WEVO is a brand name. But I have seen several pictures like in dekman's posting which show at WEVO part/item on the end of the tranny. Didn't know if that was to convert a rear shift tranny to a side shift or what . I guess that it's for converting a 915 tranny for use in a 914 .

Thanks for the replies folks . beer.gif Now all I need to do is get rid of my Caddy CTS and I'll have room for a 914 . huh.gif

GTP aktion035.gif
Joe Bob
They also make internal parts for the 915....an intermediate plate brace and a internal shift gate....I have the brace as well as the shifter for my 911s 915 tranny.....gud stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.