Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the "914" handbook a good ref book
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
to keep in the teener?? See photo.
Any better than a Hayes manual that I currently keep in
the 914? If so, what's a good price for one??

- Garold
rhodyguy
it's a nice book. not written in haynes speak and the pictures are right side up. "wilst holding the spanner..". i keep that one in the living room for reading with clean hands. got my new at a vw swapmeet. don't remember the price.

kevin
Qarl
I like it better than the Hayne's manual. Or it's a good second read with additional info and some different pics!
TheCabinetmaker
It's an exact reprint of the Clymer manual. I have both. The old clymer stays in the shop for dirty hands, and the Lash book stays on my desk for the clean hands. I also have the Haynes. They have somewhat different info, so both are good to have. The Lash book seems to go more into detail about some things.
type47
$10 at swap meet. i carry haynes and notebook in car. now if you could get a factory manual CD (914world.com/download) and a laptop and carry them in your car, then you'd be prepared!
Dave_Darling
Mostly the same info that's in the Haynes. But some of it is written from a different perspective (e.g., they didn't just quote the factory manual wholesale). It does cover the 914-6 to some extent, which Haynes does not do at all. It doesn't have electrical diagrams, which Haynes does.

It is, in fact, a reprint of the Clymer manual. I have both as well and have compared them page by page. This one is sometimes referred to as the "Lash" book, as I think it is printed by Lash International.

A good companion, I think, to the Haynes. I generally prefer Haynes, but I am pretty used to it.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.