Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmissions still available from Porsche?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mid_Engine_914
If so, does anyone know how much a sideshift tranny costs?

https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/pdf/e...914_KATALOG.pdf

IPB Image
Dr Evil
Um, WOW. Are you asking for trivia reasons, or are you looking for a functioning unit? I can help you with the latter, but am not sure of the former.
Mueller
i know the bare cases had been available just a couple of years ago....got a phone?? just call a dealer with the part number and ask.....
McMark
Mike is right. Brad/Rich ordered one at High Performance House. I saw it in person. A brand new, never been run, cosmoline covered 901 case. drooley.gif IIRC, it was around $1500 and that was a couple years ago.
Hammy
Also says you can get a new tub... blink.gif
Mid_Engine_914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 25 2006, 10:45 PM) *

Um, WOW. Are you asking for trivia reasons, or are you looking for a functioning unit? I can help you with the latter, but am not sure of the former.

Just tryin' to see what my options are. I don't know if they update it regulalry but the PET catalog I linked to is from Porsche's web site.
ws91420
QUOTE(Mid_Engine_914 @ Dec 26 2006, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 25 2006, 10:45 PM) *

Just tryin' to see what my options are. I don't know if they update it regulalry but the PET catalog I linked to is from Porsche's web site.

It is just a catalog listing all part numbers that were used, whether or not it is available is a diffferent question. Just because it is in the book doesn't mean it is available. A dealer parts catalog is not like a catalog from JC Whitney that lists only things they have available.
Mid_Engine_914
Well, IIRC, they used to put an 'E' in the PET catalog next to a part that was NLA.
914Sixer
Blank bodies are NLA. They have been since the 1990's. I tried ordering some 2.0l FI parts that do not have an "E" in front of them that turned out to be NLA. The PET has not been updated recently to reflect a lot of parts listed. They even showed complete axles that are NLA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.