Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sebring 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
It's early, but I am looking forward to race season already, especially with more Spyders in the mix with the Acura's. GT2 looks like it will be very competitive as well.

Is anyone else going?

Doug W. - are you going to be there again?

Mark
URY914
I may go. I'll be getting ideas for my car.
carr914
I will definately be there. I work for Skip Barber and I also turned in credit card points for Mazda VIP treatment; suite, food, drink, and a Mazda LMP Drivers Helmet.

T.C.
PORobinSCHE
i have considered going. all these years living here,and i've never been. oh yeah, i've watched on tv, but never live.

don't know where to stay ,where to watche etc...

R
914rrr
When is it, anyway?

I have vague recollections of attending with my wife's uncle in the early 90's. Waaaaaay too much beer was consumed... drunk.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif I was told I had a GREAT time!
carr914
R & rrr, motels in Sebring are 5 night min @ like $250 a night. Just bring a tent and camp out like the other 100,000 people and get ready to put your party hat on. 3rd weekend in March

T.C.
PinetreePorsche
Back in the spring of '62, I was finishing up at Melbourne (FL) High School. My best friend and the other co-captain of the swim team convinced ourt parents to let us go to the race--on our own, at age 17! We set off at about 3 am in my family's 348 cu in 'Chevy, got there before the start (probably 1/4 the size crowd as today). Had a fine day--without any beer, yet. Home by around midnight! I moved out of Fl., and thought little about the race until I got my 914 last year. Too far away to think about driving this year (I notice those responding above saying they're going are FL residents), but a few months ago I googled the race, w/the year, and found a very detailed breakdown--most of the cars, photos of cars and the race, etc. I want to take some time and look at other early years of the 12-Hours. Cars, even team cars, were more accessible in those days. Incl. lots of light little cars (under 1500 lb) with less than one litre motors. Makes me want to see a car like the one URI914 shows off above--around 1600 lb, I think he says, enter one of these years. How about it, URI--maybe get a little help from Jake on the power plant, and away you go--its only 12 hours! -Chris H.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.