Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWWWWWWOT - Sensaphonics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Man, I just got my Shure E4c sleeves from Sensaphonics and I love 'em! They're custom made for my ears and fit great and make the E4cs sound better than before.

I also got a set of their Musician's Earplugs, too. They have replaceable filters for different attenuation. If any of you guys play in a band - these are great!

So far - they (the plugs and sleeves) are very comfortable and fairly easy to put in. The first time or two was wierd, but it's pretty natural after 5 or 6 times.

Sorry for the way way way way way way way off topic thread - but I've been waiting for these for a couple weeks and am very excited!

Sensaphonics.com for more info...or give me a shout and I'll give you my 2 cents smile.gif
ahdoman
I agree Sean. I was the Shure rep in SoCal when they introduced thier in-ear wireless monitors. They flew us back to the factory to audition a bunch of the ear buds to see what we liked. I have had mine since they introduced the originals (circa 1998). It's really a strange sensation when they take the mold of your ear!
seanery
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Dec 26 2006, 04:03 PM) *

It's really a strange sensation when they take the mold of your ear!

Strange indeed! Wow, when they did the first ear and other was open I felt a bit off-balance! huh.gif When they did the 2nd ear I felt like I was in a vacuum - the isolation was incredible!!!
grantsfo
Those look cool!
Twystd1
Slits put them in another orifice... EEEwwwww

He didn't know they were for his ears.....

Sad.... But true....

Twystd1
markb
I wish I woulda had these back in 76 when I started. Hearing aids are high on my list of things to get. It sucks saying "huh?" all the time.
ahdoman
Hey Guys,
Just a quick story about how important your hearing protection is. I am a musician and engineer so my ears are extremely important to me. I have always worn good ear protection whenever I am going to encounter loud noises. Last spring one of my accounts invited a bunch of us to go through the driving school at California Speedway. After class we spent about 20 minutes on the track in the schools abused and governed dry.gif stock cars. They gave us all race radios and taped the ear buds into our ears. When they did the check one..two my level seemed fine. Once we were on the track the "caller" talked and yelled so much that it got really loud. How loud I didn't realize until I stopped. I experienced what is called a hearing level threshold shift. Because it was so loud my brain re-calibrated itself to the new level and my ears got fatigued. As a result I could hear but everything was about 6 dB down in level. It sounded like I had cotton in my ears. Later that evening I put my earplugs in and had to leave them in for about 3 days to get my brain to re-calibrate my hearing. I am lucky in that I did not loose my hearing but I cannot withstand constant loud sounds without my brain reacting. WEAR YOUR HEARING PROTECTION!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.