Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AAR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
The one on the left is the original NLA part from my 1.7. Can I use the AAR on the right in place of the one on the left? Where can I get a fuse like the one attached to my original AAR?
thanks
Bleyseng
You can install a later style AAR valve in but ususally the early style are just rusty inside and sticking. Squirt PB Blaster into it and let is soak in before applying 12v to it to see if it frees up and heats up. Thats just a connector not a fuse.
solex
I can concur with Geoff, had the same problem, soaked the AAR in Liquid Wrench and now it works...
will
What is the purpose of that black connector? As you can see, the wire on one end has broken off. Can I cut out the black connector and just bypass it?
thanks
Bleyseng
The setup I have seen on 914 is that the red wire ends in a female spade connector that plugs into a double male plastic connector so it doesn't ground out on the engine.
Air_Cooled_Nut
From "back in the day" (914club.com):
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=39113

May be of some interest. I had to hit my blog to find the link. Haven't had time to explore this new site.
rmital
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Dec 27 2006, 01:45 PM) *

From "back in the day" (914club.com):
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=39113

May be of some interest. I had to hit my blog to find the link. Haven't had time to explore this new site.

that's a great thread...maybe should be in the classics?
ClayPerrine
You can use the newer design AAR (it's the one from the 1.8L) with no problems. All you have to do is to get an plug that matches the connector on the AAR. It is just a standard Bosch injector plug that you can buy at FLAPS. Then you hook one wire on the plug to the white AAR wire on your harness, and the other to ground.

After that, it will work fine.

Oh, and if you need an AAR, have them look for one off a mid 80s 280z or Sentra. they are electrically and physically identical, and much cheaper and easier to find than the Porsche part.
biosurfer1
what do they call the AAR on a sentra? i wanted to look into those mroe but a search for "AAR" comes up with nothing.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Dec 27 2006, 12:36 PM) *

what do they call the AAR on a sentra? i wanted to look into those mroe but a search for "AAR" comes up with nothing.

I would have to pull my Nissan manuals. .I don't remember that from memory.

Go to a wrecking yard and start looking under hoods. Find one you like and unbolt it. Take it and the wiring pigtail home. You will probably give 5 bucks for it.

ThinAir
The "ultimate" source for D-Jet info and parts interchangeability is at Brad Ander's Site. I don't recall that he gets into using parts from other manufacturers, but he's still got more stuff on D-Jet theory, operation and repair than anywhere else I've run across.
will
Can I use engine degreaser or carb cleaner to clean the inside my AAR? Are those fluid flammable?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.