914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
I have been on a roll since Dec 1:

-new clutch, p-plate, and lightened flywheel
-changed tranny oil
-changed motor oil + filter
-adjusted valves
-fixed my speedo
-replaced roll bar and targa top weather seals (thanks Santa)
-got new floor mats (thanks Santa)
-installed new dash face material (see pic)

Still to do:
-new brake pads + flush
-install new ball joints

good times biggrin.gif

VaccaRabite
I am dwaddling on mine.
My sweetie keeps giving me chores to do on my days off.

That, and I work slow.

Zach
iamchappy
Lets see my last Winters turbo car project became my Spring project which became my Fall project which is now my Winter project that in turn will become my Spring project then my Summer project ...........................
StratPlayer
My winter project is moving right along, not much more to do for the engine build until my heads get back. Then its just a matter of buttoning things up.
John
Winter projects?

I haven't even gotten to my fall project list yet. I keep getting bumped behind "more important" things to do to our newly aquired home.

Aint home ownership grand?
rmital
...it ain't winter yet here...still waiting...in the mean time, just driving....
but if it ever does get cold and maybe snow, I want to replace or repair my jack points.
RON S.

I'm gonna get my 930 front brakes installed by next weekend.That'll do it for me.

Ron
nocones
Like Chappy said, spring/summer project has drifted through fall and into winter.
I have accumulated a lot of parts though.
Honestly if I can find some time I can bolt the flywheel and new clutch assembly in anytime. Still need to inspect the 915 while it's out and replace the seal on the shift shaft.
That would get the car back on the road at least. driving.gif

Other projects like installing the new struts and brakes, longer wheel studs and 17" wheels and front flairs to accomodate said wheels can wait.

QUOTE(RON S. @ Dec 27 2006, 10:46 AM) *

I'm gonna get my 930 front brakes installed by next weekend.That'll do it for me.

Ron

brant
definitely getting behind.
haven't even started on the race car yet.
and came to the realization that I'm not going to repaint (or have time to repaint) the street car this year.

did get some house work done, rebuilt the honda (new tranny, clutch, etc), did get the tow vehicle half done..

but haven't touched the race car yet.
motor to come out in a week

736conver
Here's my winter project. Putting tile in the basment entertanment room

Click to view attachment
tracks914
I've been busy too.
Stripped the car
Mounted it on rotisserie.
Removed PO's old sheet metal.
Wasn't much holding the car together...
but save it I will....
tracks914
Then went to work on this
New frame rails complete...
tracks914
and this
both sides and next on to the new floor....
Borderline
Car is 99% disassembled: changing colors from Tangerine to Saturn Yellow!!
Engine is totally disassembled and have most of the parts to build my 1911, just waiting for my heads. Lots of work to do! I do not recommend changing colors....I'm just not really an orange person.
race914
Removed my stock rear deck lid & spoiler (38lbs) and getting ready to paint fiberglass lid (9lbs) and Sheridan SCCA spoiler (3lbs).

Easy 25lb reduction! Will post pics when I paint the lid.
iamchappy
Doug, your a way better man than me by saving that car, makes me feel very guilty for cutting up and parting out cars in better shape than yours...
VaccaRabite
Well today I welded up my side marker lights, as well as welding up all the holes cut into the passinger side fender for the old A/C system. As well as welding up holes from what was probably an accident at some time in the cars past.

I also started adding body filler today on the front trunk lid (did not need much) and driver side rear quarter (needs A_LOT). I made the choice today not to try and pull the dents but just cover them over again. Was too concerned about pulling the rest of the panel out of shape (and I just wanted to get goign on it). Good news is that the filler I am using is probably lighter then the filler that was used before. Bad news is that it is going to need a lot of filler.

I have 2 more welding projects that will probably get done tomorrow. Friday will be reserved just for body filler work.

Needless, today was a good day.

Zach
highways
Well the restoration shop is almost finished- laying bricks on my fenced in driveway so I don't have to work on dirt. Next it's off to body work world.
tracks914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 27 2006, 07:20 PM) *

Doug, your a way better man than me by saving that car, makes me feel very guilty for cutting up and parting out cars in better shape than yours...

Just try finding a better car in Northern Ontario. I did for my first one and it cost me 4 times what I paid for this one. To transport one from SoCal will probably be my next project.
This time I am doing it just to say I can....or better yet, I did!!!! welder.gif
MrKona
Just did my first engine drop tonight. While the engine is out, I'm going to pull out a hydraulic lifter (I know, I know, PO did it) that doesn't want to fill, disassemble, clean and replace.

... and while it's out, I'll give the engine bay a good cleaning, clean up the engine tin, replace most of the vacuum hoses, all the engine fuel lines, and I'm thinking of changing the alternator just for kicks while I have the engine out.

Lastly, I have an old wiring harness. I think I may try to build a new engine wiring harness using the old connectors and current harness as a model... I hope to be able to pull that one off.
GaroldShaffer
My 914 is down at Shelby's (flatout) waiting its turn for her attention to body work & paint. I haven't touched my 71 911 T projects yet.

My 914 on the way to Shelby's place.

Click to view attachment

The donor 911 car (rust issues sad.gif )

Click to view attachment

The real 911 project ( no rust issues boldblue.gif )

Click to view attachment

Hammy
Very minimal work on the 914. Just driving the hell out of it. Restore as I drive kind of thing.
LowGT
I can't start my winter 914 project until I sell my other 914. No room to work!! Due to Christmas and it being winter time, it's not selling very well. sad.gif
TROJANMAN
I just want heat!

hopefully my heater hoses will come in the mail soon, and i can reconnect the flapper boxes :fingerscrossed:

I also plan on replacing the KYB's in the rear. I have had Bilstiens siitin on top of my workbench for months now.
Marv's3.6six
Worked on my GT project on Sat the 16th. Fabricated some braided lines to a new dune buggy style CNC fuel filter. First time work was done for months.
RonD
Order set of bilstiens this morning.

Have parts for targa top seal.

Want to pull tank replace hoses, including windshield washers.

Heater hoses too.

Dash is high on list. Cap or new$$$$???

Strip and repaint rear truck lid probably a summer job.

Lots to do better get at it.
Ferg
Job one is a external Oil Cooler, Oil Cooler parts just came in the mail. I will be adding a rear mounted Mocal, adapter with built in thermo.

Job two is finally tune the webers for altitude I'm running very rich...

Job three is "hopefully" a unitlite dizzy, but need to wait till all the holiday bills come in to see if i've got the $$.

Ferg biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.