Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exterior restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John_oscar
1st post....ever

Looking for advice.

Am seriously considering exterior restoration of '73 1.7.

Original owner of car in very, very good, original, original condition (no dups here!!). Paint needs refreshing. Am advised to acquire the following:

Need sources for exterior and interior rockers, weather stripping for front and rear trunks, top and seams. Also need exterior door handles, trunk lock, mirror (L&R), front and rear lenses and side markers.

Looking for best place to get these items, those that I've forgotten, and general knowledge about what I'm in for.

My source for restoration is a friend in a classic refinishing business for 30+ years. He has won many awards at national meets, most especially for hot rod creation, much like Boyd Carrington.

G e o r g e
QUOTE(John_oscar @ Dec 27 2006, 09:43 AM) *

1st post....ever

what took so long biggrin.gif welcome.png

Need sources for exterior and interior rockers,

restoration design

weather stripping for front and rear trunks, top and seams. Also need exterior door handles, trunk lock, mirror (L&R), front and rear lenses and side markers.

try pelican or preformance products

My source for restoration is a friend in a classic refinishing business for 30+ years. He has won many awards at national meets, most especially for hot rod creation, much like Boyd Carrington.

Coddington, but he's an ASS so who cares

sounds like you'll have a nice car when it's done

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

beerchug.gif
william harris
Strasse

German Parts & Restoration

Automobile Atlanta

High Performance House

Otto's of Venice, CA

your local Porsche dealer

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.