Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nitto NT-01
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
DanT
anyone have any information?

used them, heard of them, seen them in action?

thanks smile.gif
race914
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Dec 27 2006, 02:16 PM) *

anyone have any information?

used them, heard of them, seen them in action?

thanks smile.gif

Hi Dan,

Those look interesting

I don't know of anyone who has tried them. Curious to see the responses you get from those who have.

Greg
Chris Pincetich
Dan- you are one smart dude - the Nitto web site says UGQT treadwear rating is 100. That means "street tires" in the GGR points system w00t.gif
Feel free to tell me I am wrong here and PM me that I am right and we will keep it a secret. cool.gif
beerchug.gif
DanT
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Dec 27 2006, 04:02 PM) *

Dan- you are one smart dude - the Nitto web site says UGQT treadwear rating is 100. That means "street tires" in the GGR points system w00t.gif
Feel free to tell me I am wrong here and PM me that I am right and we will keep it a secret. cool.gif
beerchug.gif

Already been down that road Chris. the rule reads wear rating of 100 or less....for R rated and over 100 for street tires ( 0 points)

That is why we are going to try to make more granularity with the points for tires next season. (2008)
>100WR 0 points
<100 but >60 would be like 50 points
<60wr would be 100 points
slicks 150 points

I would like to see this for AX and TT instead of differing points values for TT and AX.
nine14cats
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Dec 27 2006, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Dec 27 2006, 04:02 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Already been down that road Chris. the rule reads wear rating of 100 or less....for R rated and over 100 for street tires ( 0 points)

That is why we are going to try to make more granularity with the points for tires next season. (2008)
>100WR 0 points
<100 but >60 would be like 50 points
<60wr would be 100 points
slicks 150 points

I would like to see this for AX and TT instead of differing points values for TT and AX.

Dan,

A friend of mine is running these tires in his stock class BMW 3 series. He says they last much longer than Vicotracers and don't get greasy. He says his lap times are no different going to the Nittos versus the Vracers. I've heard the same from other folks running Mitsubishi cars. But all of these cars are heavier 3000lbs + cars, so I don't know if the they require the weight of the cars to get hot. I haven't seen a small car run them.

I've looked at a few tires with ratings in the 160 to 180 treadwears. Using the classing system, I could run 8.5 inch front rims and place my spec boxster in TT10 and AX9! In perspective, during our first AX running the Spec Boxster on Vracers we came in 6th overall to TTOD. The top placing AX9 participant came in 60th out of the 100 cars. Instead of trying to run a 2:09 to top the class in TT8, I would have to do high 2:13's at Thill. Probably doable in 160 wear rating tires.

Kinda makes you think...and also points out the deficiencies of the current points system. If I run greater than 100 stickies, I would have a caged car, lightened car running against street driven 1980 911SC's with full interior. Not very fair.

Bill P.
grantsfo
As posted on 914club.com these appear to be a step up from RA1's. Apparently this is Nitto tire leverages new Toyo design to be used in RA1 replacement. Stiffer sidewalls for better response than RA1's and you dont have to shave these like the RA1 to get similar performance.
race914
Dan,

When I was running stock class, I ran early NSX OE front tires Yokohama A022H1

IPB Image

120 treadwear. Worked pretty good.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.