Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: street-legal formula-V
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nocones
Followed the link to thesamba from the squareback thread here and when I found this I couldn't resist sharing. Too cool.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=368333

Ya think the cops might harass you just a little driving this around? driving.gif
Grelber
Doesn't it have to have fenders (even little ones) to be street legal?
Joe Bob
Street legal in Canada maybe.....doubt it in the States....
URY914
$8500?
PinetreePorsche
A shame to have a car like that in the mostly-frozen Northland. Someonw ought to buy it and take it to the Bahamas, or somewhere it could be a daily driver year round. Needs a rumble seat for a passenger, though--maybe up over the motor, like a king/queen seat on a motorcycle.
eric914
All sand rails are open wheel and can be registered on the street. I think if you have the correct lights and windshield you might be OK. I know in Ohio they have a procedure for registering a home built car. They are mostly concerned with proof you purchased all the parts legally. We don't have an inspection requirement in Ohio so you could probable skate by on some items.

As to $8500 it is about 2X what these cars usually sell for.
ClayPerrine
Vehicles don't have to have fenders to be legal. Not a federal requirement.

In Texas, it is mandatory that a vehicle that came from the factory with windshield wipers maintain functioning windshield wipers. It doesn't have to have a windshield, but it does have to have wipers.... screwy.gif
jimtab
8500.00 Come on it's a dune buggy re-body....
BIG OLE 4
That could be driven around my town with no sweat at all.. Hell we drive rail buggies with no fenders, no seat belts and beer kegs for fuel tanks and the cops just throw their hand up when they pass you... To get a tag for the rig you just need to have a bill of sale with a VIN from the VW it was made from stating the price...

BMITCHELL
A long, long, time ago, I know the rule was 1500Lbs or less didn't have to have fenders. I had a 28 model A with an Old's engine with out any fenders and was told it was legal by the local cops. (Cali).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.