Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I apologize in advance if this is a repeat...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Ok.... I KNOW this is probably a repeat..... but maybe someone can give me a rundown on what happened...

I go to log into the 914 Club....... and I come to find out that I don't exist...... after almost 4 years of membership????

Then..... I see this email in my box that looks like spam.......... like someone trying to start up another 914 site (which by the way, would NEVER compare to the original)

Then... come to find out.... THIS IS THE ORIGINAL.

Uhhhhh.. can someone clue me in here?... or at least lead me to a thread that talks about this??

Do we NEED two 914 sites.... that almost duplicate each other???

WHAT HAPPENED???!!!!

brant
I'll try to be short and objective.

the club suffered a split in leadership.
during the time that that was being debated a 3rd and 4th site actually showed up.
then the original domain site came back on line with the leadership of Brad, and Jeroen.

The admins (who are doing a good job!) that seperated opened this site: Mark, Eric, Aaron, Clay, Mike Zois, Gint, Lawrence

the other 2 sites are Road Glue, run by Randy and mostly on topic
as well as NARP, which is mostly a social site with activities but smaller and less content.

thats the short version
brant
andys
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 27 2006, 07:02 PM) *

during the time that that was being debated a 3rd and 4th site actually showed up.
then the original domain site came back on line with the leadership of Brad, and Jeroen.

The admins (who are doing a good job!) that seperated opened this site: Mark, Eric, Aaron, Clay, Mike Zois, Gint, Lawrence

as well as NARP, which is mostly a social site with activities but smaller and less content.

thats the short version
brant

Brant,

Short of reading through many pages of posts, I was completely disgruntled in search of a to-the-point explanation.......Thank you!!

Got to say; I was quite disappointed when there was no evicence of any explanation nor introduction by the admin's. All I could find was countless on-going riddles which I tired of very quickly. Maybe an explanation was buried in there somewhere.

Andys
TROJANMAN
but the important thing is that we all own 914's, and we should all get along. wink.gif
markb
The whole split got kinda angry, words were spoken in heat, and it generally deteriorated until most of us were tired of hearing about it (now there's a run-on sentence for ya).

Brant did a nice job of summing it up. Also, Brads site will eventually have all of the information that the Club used to have (it was shared between the Club & the World). Brad (with help from Jerone) runs the Club, and the World is run by our group of Admins.

I think that fills in any blanks.

I like it here, less anger & bitterness. ClubNARP is also very low-key.

Take your choice, I think the bottom line is they're all about these little square cars we love so much.
andys
QUOTE(markb @ Dec 27 2006, 10:32 PM) *

The whole split got kinda angry, words were spoken in heat, and it generally deteriorated until most of us were tired of hearing about it (now there's a run-on sentence for ya).

Brant did a nice job of summing it up. Also, Brads site will eventually have all of the information that the Club used to have (it was shared between the Club & the World). Brad (with help from Jerone) runs the Club, and the World is run by our group of Admins.

I think that fills in any blanks.

I like it here, less anger & bitterness. ClubNARP is also very low-key.

Take your choice, I think the bottom line is they're all about these little square cars we love so much.

Mark,

Thanks, that helped some. Now, exactly who are the Admin's????????????
Is there somewhere on this site where they stepped forward to introduce themselves? Who is "our group of Admin's?" Seems a simple answer ought to be out there somewhere. Please point me to it if I missed the obvious.

Thanks,
Andys
TROJANMAN
brant mentioned it in his post above wink.gif
Gint
QUOTE(andys @ Dec 27 2006, 10:50 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Dec 27 2006, 07:02 PM) *

thats the short version
brant

Brant,

Short of reading through many pages of posts, I was completely disgruntled in search of a to-the-point explanation.......Thank you!!

Got to say; I was quite disappointed when there was no evicence of any explanation nor introduction by the admin's. All I could find was countless on-going riddles which I tired of very quickly. Maybe an explanation was buried in there somewhere.

Andys

I hope this meets your requirements.

The admin team can be found via a link on the main forum page:

The admin team

An email anouncement was sent to all members. If you didn't get it you might want to check your spam filter(s). I'll post it here for your reference.

"Welcome Back Teeners"

New 914 Web Community Announcement:

914world Launches New Web Community!

Web Address: www.914world.com

Date: December 24th, 2006

Project: New Site/Community

Here's the news you've been waiting for.

We're pleased to present a newly redesigned 914 web community that puts people first and foremost in mind. Whether you know it or not, you and the rest of the 914 community have worked closely with the development team at 914world on the design and implementation of this new web community. Your words and actions have literally molded, aided and assisted the 914world team with the development of the latest 914 site: www.914world.com

For those not familiar with our 914 group, here is a brief introduction to this awesome web community: The 914 community began to grow back in 2002 and today has over 6,600 members worldwide. This group is not only known for giving all they have to maintain, restore and resurrect these fun little cars, they're also known for a generosity and camaraderie that is second to none: Building cars for disabled members, Toys for Tot's, Memorial Drives and National Events all raising funds for charities and those less fortunate. Least we forget; there's the daily giving to each other that makes this community a unique standout in today's consumptive world. It truly is amazing what we have become.

We congratulate the entire 914 community on the launch of this new site and invite you to come back in and make it your new home.

www.914world.com

Same great content. Same great friends... a breath of fresh air.

ninefourteener
Thanks for the info folks..... I knew it had to do with more drama in the 914 club.

I've seen the 914 club all chip in to buy a van for a handicapped member.... I've lived through all the drama with Brad and "#4"..... and many of the older members when I even had my very own personal stalker on this site--LOL

(Its a long story)

What ever happen to the good old days when half the posts were about 914s.... the other half were about man-boobs, sexually transmitted diseases, or whatever crazy thought someone happen to dream up one day??

I miss that.
Joe Bob
Yep...we were a community. There were issues and people got irked. Shit happens.
WRX914
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 29 2006, 05:25 AM) *

Yep...we were a community. There were issues and people got irked. Shit happens.

... Z, we are a community!

grouphug.gif Damnit!

biggrin.gif

Sorry Z, my number of posts made me do it.
Joe Bob
666 posts....yeah that'll do it.

Most of the long timers have privately related to me that it's not just the car, it's the friendship. I consider people from the 'net that I've never met face to face friends. It's been hard to deal with in many ways.

Crazyhippy
I feel that way, i have lots of 914 friends that i have yet to meet.

There's alot more here than just cars.

Mikee when we doing lunch? Early next year?

BJH
Joe Bob
Cmon up today...wife and kids are gone.....we can terrorize the 'hood....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.