Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 burnout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
driver66
ive got a 72 914 that would do a decent burn i think but,i cant bring myself to do it . can anyone show me what a 914 burnout would look like???..................come on we need some new screen savers damnit.................... boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Brad Roberts
First gear hangs off the tranny unsupported on one side. This is part of the reason why you dont see people doing massive burnouts with the 901 box.

The V8 cars running a 901 typically have first gear removed or blocked off.

B
driver66
yea i just cant do it , but surely someone has .............if my side shift transplant will fix the foreseeable damages except .tires,axles......hell il do it at the last run before the swap unless im missing something really bad. ill see if the tailshift igot will live threw it........so we can all see ''what happens when ya build a fire under a 914......oh yea ''im ready''..........il post the video ...........give me about 2 months.
SirAndy
QUOTE(driver66 @ Nov 17 2003, 12:25 AM)
yea i just cant do it , but surely someone has

someone had a avatar of a orange 914 doing donuts in the parking lot not too long ago.

speak up!
seanery
that was malmz
there is a video of it somewhere, i think it's the guys from renegade.
kafermeister
IIRC, that was Scott's car at RenegadeHybrids. Scott calls it Peel. It's for sale here. I was all over their site. Couldn't find the video.

Rick
Pnambic
I liked it so much I saved it.
davep
Can we attach an Mpeg to a reply? I have it saved here.

DaveP
Jenny
Didn't realize Scott was selling it. I thought it was called something else??

I was in that car one time leaning against the targa bar (feet on seat) when Scott did a donut like that around Burr's car. Great fun!!

Jen
VegasRacer
QUOTE(driver66 @ Nov 16 2003, 11:51 PM)
can anyone show me what a 914 burnout would look like?

It would look kinda like this . . .
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 17 2003, 09:43 AM)
Can we attach an Mpeg to a reply? I have it saved here.

yes, you can, but you have to include the html tags (object, classid etc) if you want to play it directly within your post ...

Andy
Jake Raby
I do it with my car, but just roll onto the throttle and slip the clutch to get started.......Otherwise, first is history!
kafermeister
QUOTE(Jenny @ Nov 17 2003, 01:56 PM)
Didn't realize Scott was selling it.

I didn't either until I found it on their site.
Brad Roberts
I tagged the car "Peel" several years back (Polar bear run in SoCal).

Orange car... Orange "Peel"...

B
Eric_Shea
I'm a 914 burnout... I'm sure my picture is on the site somewhere beer.gif

(need a hooka-bong smiley)
J P Stein
I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this.....except for maybe Zois....who has more than a few loose screws laugh.gif

The ulf hazes its stickies during an AX launch, but that's not exactly a burnout (John Force style). Up in smoke is not the quick way to leave.

I once own a 53 Buick barf.gif with shot rear brakes that could burn the tires down to the rims.....I had a few loose screws back then.....they've since rusted into place. laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Musta been someone other screwball...."I" would never abuse a Porsche like that blink.gif .....
aufaber
Haha, we had a little burnout contest one night a couple of years ago..

Jeff's 2.0 914 would just go or stall, it wouldn't break the tires loose. Even in the rain dropping the clutch at 5k.

I have a video of my burnout from that night somewhere.. but it wasn't in a 914.

-Aaron G>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.